PDA

View Full Version : Dental?

Rdy2gopoolie
02-14-06, 08:11 PM
Is it true that they take care of Dental DURING boot camp? Even if you need teeth pulled? :confused:

CrazyBrave83
02-14-06, 09:27 PM
As I recall, yes. They'll do it during Team Week, or so they said to me when they were going to remove my wisdom teeth.

VaMarine
02-15-06, 08:42 AM
Yes if teeth need pulled the take them during boot camp.. But i had impacted wisdom and they didnt touch me in boot.. (dont complain about them) I had them done by the VA after i was on active duty (got 2 weeks convalescence for 3 teeth but again remember i said the VA did it) would rather had 1 day off and someone used to doing it taken them...

As well just to add onto this..

If you need cosmetic dental done (either braces or dentures or what ever) when you get to your 1st unit go to dental and see what they can do for you.. I had an issue growing up with my 2 front teeth.. more of a looks than anything else.. the Dental team at 29 stumps took care of it with 2 caps while i was in tech school.. No time off but it worked out and now no one even remembers..

Old Marine
02-16-06, 08:12 AM
Heard this conversation from two dendists while I had my platoon at dental at MCRD sometime in the 60's:

1st dendist: How many teeth have you pulled today?

2d dentist: about 15.

1st dentist: You need to get one of these tools, I have pulled 30 so far today and its only 1330.

Rdy2gopoolie
02-16-06, 08:22 AM
HAHA oka. Thanks.

Rdy2gopoolie
02-17-06, 09:42 PM
Do they use anestesia?

mortar-E-4
02-18-06, 05:12 AM
NOPE! j/k its just like going to any regular dentist. It gave me a break from those crazy DIs. and it was the only place to here music( even if it was kenny g). In time I came to love dental, got 12 fillings or so. yes they use anestesia.

:banana:

Old Marine
02-18-06, 08:55 AM
Do they use anestesia?

Unless you have a bad toothache, I recommend staying away from the dentist when you are in recruit training.

KMichael
02-25-06, 04:55 AM
i have a question... i need a retainer... will they give one to me while im in boot or will i have to wait until i get out?

jryanjack
02-25-06, 06:50 AM
My wisdom teeth were not pulled in boot camp, but they were all pulled as soon as I got to my first Fleet unit. The theory is that the Corps does not want to have to pull (no pun intended!) you from the line to take care of wisdom teeth - so out they go!

Mine were pulled 2 at a time, 1 day of bed rest and 6 pain pills. I had more dental work at the VA after I was transferred to the 1st CIVDIV and they gave me a week off and a huge bottle of codine for only 1 tooth being pulled!

Tallboot
02-25-06, 08:47 AM
I had my wisdom teeth pulled already, it took 2 days to get the Drugs out of my system. Could i have waited till bootcamp? probably but anyways it rolled around 500$ give or take a few bucks. (and this is with insurance discount)

yellowwing
02-25-06, 10:41 AM
it took 2 days to get the Drugs out of my system.
Tallboot, be sure to give that documentation to your Recruiter. I don't know when you ship out, but make sure that you are covered on any urinalysis.