PDA

View Full Version : 2006 MCRD San Diego Graduation Schedule

jinelson
01-07-06, 07:58 PM
The new 2006 Graduation Schedule has finally been updated and posted on the official Recruit Depot website http://www.mcrdsd.usmc.mil/ everything that you need to know for your visit to the yellow foot steps is there. The graduation schedule which converts your ship date to a Company and a grad date is usually of interest. The link for that schedule is http://www.mcrdsd.usmc.mil/RTR/2006_grad_sched.htm The training matrix is also a popular item as it tells what you will be doing each day of training. MCRD Parris Island also has similar information on thir website although things like the training matrix differ somewhat. Many of you have months before your ship date, so use the time wisely to research what awaits you.

yellowwing
01-08-06, 09:39 AM
I don't see anything about pain and sweat. And even the sand fleas don't make the cut. Horseflys? Forget about it!

BOOGIEMAN44
01-08-06, 04:31 PM
No Sand Fleas At Mcrdsd, But They Do Have To Watch The Freedom Birds Take Off Every 3 Min.'s, Which Is Bad Enough...

Future-USMC-LT
01-08-06, 11:47 PM
No Sand Fleas At Mcrdsd, But They Do Have To Watch The Freedom Birds Take Off Every 3 Min.'s, Which Is Bad Enough...

Exactly. It was kind of depressing watching the aircraft take off every 3 mins during first phase and feeling like it was going to be forever before we graduated. Same thing looking out of the squad bay at Pendleton during 2nd phase and see all the cars going by on the highway outside the base. But it wasn't so bad once we got back to MCRD for 3rd phase and we knew we were almost done. It's amazing that during first phase time feels slower than **** going up a cliff, then once you graduate you look back and it feels like you only hit the yellow prints yestarday.

The training matrix is off in some areas, probably depends on which company you're with. I had my mom send me a couple so I could see what was coming up and check off the days until graduation and some of the days and events didn't match.