PDA

View Full Version : No More Crucible!?!?!?

HopefulGrunt2Be
01-02-06, 05:12 PM
I heard somewhere that they got rid of the Crucible as a part of recruit training. Can anyone confirm this. If this holds true, personally I am going to be a little disappointed. It seemed like it was kind of a last big test before you recieved your EGA, one last test I was looking forward to... So does anyone know???

BOOGIEMAN44
01-02-06, 05:47 PM
I Don't Know, I Haven't Heard Any Thing About It.

jinelson
01-02-06, 06:09 PM
Dont worry Hopeful the crucible is alive and well and here to stay. I heard this from some of our members at SOI and so I checked with a drill instructor and he basically said that its just scuttlebutt and not true. Since its the drill instructors job to move the platoons from MCRD to MCB Camp Pendleton for marksmanship training, field week and the crucible they would know before anyone else.

Nothing has changed!

HopefulGrunt2Be
01-02-06, 06:24 PM
Shew! (wiping sweat from forehead) thanks jinelson, good to know its alive and well, kinda lookin forward to it.

jgorosco
01-03-06, 11:35 AM
In what year was the Crucible implemented? Was it in the mid '90's. Just wondering.

BOOGIEMAN44
01-03-06, 11:59 AM
In what year was the Crucible implemented? Was it in the mid '90's. Just wondering.

THIS MIGHT HELP, I FOUND IT UNDER GOOGLE SEARCH

www.goodtogovideo.com/crucibledvd.html - 22k

LET ME KNOW, MARK

jgorosco
01-03-06, 12:22 PM
I finally found a site that had the Crucible info. It was implemented in '96. But thanks for your help Boogieman

jack75180
01-03-06, 12:45 PM
I heard somewhere that they got rid of the Crucible as a part of recruit training. Can anyone confirm this. If this holds true, personally I am going to be a little disappointed. It seemed like it was kind of a last big test before you recieved your EGA, one last test I was looking forward to... So does anyone know???

you dont have a copy of the training matrix??? if u want ill send u a copy of it or post a link

BOOGIEMAN44
01-03-06, 01:43 PM
Wher Did You Find That Info? So I Can Look It Up For My Knowledge.

jack75180
01-03-06, 01:50 PM
i got it mailed to me from the head office at the federal building in my home town ill send a link to u when i find it

jack75180
01-03-06, 01:54 PM

ill post a link when i find it but they mailed a copy of it to me from head office at my hometowns federal building

jack75180
01-03-06, 02:05 PM
this is the one for san diago http://www.mcrdsd.usmc.mil/RTR/RTR_matrix.htm

heres pi
http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/images/Training%20Matrix.jpg

Future-USMC-LT
01-03-06, 02:16 PM
I just graduated on August 12, and we didn't hear any rumors of the Crucible being eleminated. It isn't at the end of training anymore, so you don't get your EGA at the end of the crucible anymore.

HopefulGrunt2Be
01-03-06, 02:17 PM
jack, yes i have seen the matrix, i heard that they got rid of the Crucible though, that was what my question was concerning. the matrix on your link could be dated.

HopefulGrunt2Be
01-03-06, 02:20 PM
Future, when did they do the crucible?

ASFAB93
01-03-06, 02:27 PM
Future, when did they do the crucible?
Week 8 at SDRD, and Week 12 at PI

BOOGIEMAN44
01-03-06, 02:29 PM
Grunt 2-b, Look At The Post Jack Put Up There, He Has Put Up Too Links, One For P.i. And One For S/d, That Will Tell You The Training Dates

jack75180
01-03-06, 03:53 PM
jack, yes i have seen the matrix, i heard that they got rid of the Crucible though, that was what my question was concerning. the matrix on your link could be dated.

well i can tell u now that the crucible isnt gunna be takin away unless they have a better combat test for us or they find someplace closer to hell :lick:

Lorix
01-04-06, 06:11 PM
I work right next to the Crucible here at Camp Pendleton. I drive past it every day. Just today, I saw recruits navigating an obstacle. The Crucible is not gone, and I have heard nothing about it going away. Don't worry, you'll get your chance to go.

drillinstructor
01-06-06, 01:26 AM
no females allowed at Edson range Lorix....hahaha JK

Lorix
01-06-06, 02:12 PM
I've been to Edison Range, that's where dental is, so they let me in. I even saw a few DI's, I wanted to wave but thought they might go drill instructor on me! I've been to the chow hall and seen some recruits lining up outside, it was cool.

HopefulGrunt2Be
01-06-06, 09:01 PM
i was at my recruiters office today and asked Master Sargeant White about there not being a crucible anymore, he just laughed and said who told you that?! So i guess, as you guys said, it is alive and well. good to hear that. thanks everyone