PDA

View Full Version : The songs that were played during graduation...

jellyfish2183
12-21-05, 04:11 PM
Hey I was wondering if anybody know the names of the songs that were played during graduation. The ones that I know that name of are:

Marine Corps Hymn (of course): The one that we have to sing during the Emblem Ceremony and was also played during graduation after our SDI game our final dismiss.
Semper Fidelis: The one that's played when we marched across the parade deck past the bleechers (spl?).

What was the name of the song that was played when the guides are ordered to march across the platoon. And also, what was the name of the song that plays when the guides return the guidon to the EDIs?

Just curious to know.

Semper Fidelis

MotivatorOfTheGuard
12-22-05, 01:07 AM
Hey Jellyfish, I scored RA for christmas and one of our NCO's is in the Marine Corps Band, i'll ask him for you and see if he knows...

jellyfish2183
12-22-05, 04:14 PM
Awesome! Thanks!!

Lorix
01-06-06, 02:37 PM
There is a CD you can buy at the PX, Music of the Marines, I have it, anyways it contains all the songs played at graduation, at least I think it has all of them.... Anyways, it's available at all the px's I've come across, you should get it.

gwladgarwr
01-06-06, 03:03 PM
Hey I was wondering if anybody know the names of the songs that were played during graduation. The ones that I know that name of are:

Marine Corps Hymn (of course): The one that we have to sing during the Emblem Ceremony and was also played during graduation after our SDI game our final dismiss.
Semper Fidelis: The one that's played when we marched across the parade deck past the bleechers (spl?).

Note: the correct title is The Marines' Hymn, not "Marine Corps Hymn". It is a song of and for all Marines, not a song for the organization.

Please note the possessive plural of the word Marines', with the apostrophe after the plural "s".:idea:

outlaw3179
01-06-06, 03:10 PM
as you were ..jellyfish lol

drillinstructor
01-07-06, 02:36 PM

What was the name of the song that was played when the guides are ordered to march across the platoon. And also, what was the name of the song that plays when the guides return the guidon to the EDIs?

Just curious to know.

Semper Fidelis

WHAT IS THE MARINE CORPS HYMM????????

jellyfish2183
07-15-06, 06:28 PM
The only songs from graduation that are in the CD "Music For Marines" are the "Marines' Hymn" (ok, I corrected it this time, happy now?) and "Semper Fidelis." I've searched high and low, "google'd" it a gzillion times under every possible search phrase-- "parris island graduation songs," "marine corps graduation boot camp songs," etc. etc. etc.--to no avail did I find it.

There HAS to be Marines here know knows!! So I'm basically posting this again and hopefully someone who knows the name of the songs will notice it and reply. Thanks.

etops777
07-26-06, 06:05 AM
The music that the band plays when the guidons are retired is the National Emblem. The only play a part of it, they call it the trio National Emblem. I talked to a band member that palys over here on MCRD San Diego so I'm guessing its legit.

Semper Fi