PDA

View Full Version : I AM BACk

CAS3
11-11-02, 10:18 PM
Safe and Sound in Virginia. Do you realize that I left Okinawa at 10pm EST and got home at 8:30 pm tonight?
In memeory of the greatful Dead...WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP ITS BEEN!:banana:

Sorry to have missed so much going on around here.
I hope you alll know not to other trying to win that HARLEY...Jerry said it was mine!

I am in shock that today was Cooks Birthday. Man he is old! Wish I had known when I was flying in to San Fran...Would have made a road trip!
Happy Birthday Cook!:marine:

thedrifter
11-11-02, 10:27 PM
Hi Cas,

Glad to see that you made it home safely. We sure missed you around here....................:no:

We all had to put up with Jerry, you know how he can be .........LMAO

Even Cook has been UA, he has been fighting the School Board in his home town........Guess who is winning............ROFLMAO

Seriously! Very glad to see you made it home safe and sound.

Sempers,

Roger and Ellie

wrbones
11-11-02, 10:33 PM
Welcome Home CAS.

Road trip...Another meandering map to follow on a day by day basis.....

firstsgtmike
11-12-02, 01:23 AM
Just a note.

Marines, and/or their wive's think it a miracle to 'arrive' before they left.

When in actuality, they only regained was the time lost before they 'came' together.

Think about it.

(My reference is a modified stand-up routine about sex in the British aristocracy.) "Affirmative! Affirmative! Oh Creator! Oh Creator! Please! Please! Affirmative! Affirmative! I anticipate my arrival shortly! Yip, Yip, Yip Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."

Unfortunately, there will be many who have never experienced that which I am talking about.

I invite Cas to explain it.

"Ladies and Gentleman, for the remaining question and answer period, permit me to introduce you to your hostess, CAS.

Take it away, Cas. You're on, I'm gone.

CAS3
11-12-02, 09:30 AM
I got it right away!

Shaffer
11-12-02, 10:06 AM
Well maybe it is a good thing Cas3 had not know about Hawk's birthday. Had she tried making a road trip from San Fran to LA/San Diego, I am sure she would have ended up British Columbia. If her sense of direction wasn't bad enough before, I am sure she would be even more confused having stated to get acclimated to the the other side of the world. LOL

Welcome back!

Jerry

Art
11-12-02, 10:28 AM
I spent two years in Oki (93-95) and really had a good time. I was, nevertheless, ever so happy to come home after being away for so long. I don't know how long you were over there, but I remember finding a few things strange when I came back.

1) The roads. I couldn't believe how WIDE the roads were in the USA.

2) Along with this: the cars. I drove something akin to a golf cart when I lived there. I remember going on the expressway and getting it to 100km/ph and thinking "whoa, I'm cookin'!" I mean, the car was rattelin' my legs were going numb -- and I was doing 60 for goodness sake! When I got home, driving cars that could actually fit two people, the speed limit was 70 in some of the places that I travelled. What a difference...

3) Wide open spaces. One thing I missed the most while on 'the rock' was fishing. I was never much of an open water fisher, so I never went out on the boats or did any surf fishing. I was always more of a 'fly rod on a small creek' kind of fisher. So when I got back, I was just ever so appreciative of the multitude of places where I could drop my line and how I could be the only one in a huge field of grass.

4) Air quality. Those two stroke engines make the air really tough on the lungs. I'm also a runner, so I was happy to get to the woods where no vehicles threatened to run me off the road or choke me with CO2. I also liked being able to run on dirt. For two years while in Oki I had to run on pavement. I'm surprised I didn't get injured more often then I did....

So what did you think when you got back???

JAMarine
11-12-02, 05:18 PM
Proud your back safe and sound.

Sparrowhawk
11-12-02, 09:12 PM
Glad your back, heck I would have met you half way to get the present you promised me...LOL