PDA

View Full Version : my published article + a pic at MCRDSD

Tegan
12-05-05, 11:06 AM
Hey everybody,
I forgot to post this on here! My friend Josh graduated highschool with me and joined the Marines. He was on the front page of my local paper and that was the first time I had seen him since Graduation! He had just returned from Iraq on a 1 year tour. Anyways, when I saw him I wrote into the paper with this article and they published it in the Editorial section.
I also attached a picture from my brother and his best friends graduation at MCRD this past january. It serves as my MOTO! Im on the left, my friend Rick, My brother, My sister.

Thanks to all who serve, protect America

editor: It was good to see Josh Cebula and his father on the front page when the Daily Herald wrote about soldiers ( the paper edited this sentece, I wouldnt call a Marine a 'soldier' just thought id clear that up, so i dont get picked apart) returning to Wausau. Josh and another in my school's class of '03 enlisted in the Marines when we still were in high school. There have been plenty who have signed with the Marines from our area, before and after them. Some are overseas, stateside or even on a second tour in Iraq.

I take great pride knowing that there are so many in the military from our little towns. Our school has alumni in all branches. I soon will be leaving for boot camp, and a few more from the class of '06 will follow next summer. I will be proud to earn the title and be called a United States Marine.

Thanks to the men and women who risk their lives, no matter what branch, for Americans every day. Welcome home, Josh!

Tegan Griffith,
Wittenberg

Tegan
12-05-05, 11:11 AM
OH yea, 6 more days til bootcamp!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

GySgtRet
12-05-05, 11:13 AM
Tegan,

You are probably on your way to MCRD by now. Take care down there at Parris Island. The next time you post I would expect a Marine uniform on that body of yours. Correct..???

Tallboot
12-05-05, 11:29 AM
Thank you for showing this, i think that Marine is taller then me, im 6 4" --
hope to see you when u get back

yellowwing
12-05-05, 01:25 PM
Outstanding Tegan, keep up that Initiative and Patriotism!

BigCat1
12-05-05, 05:29 PM
Job "Well Done" Tegan....
I wish you much success in your Marine Corps career and hope to someday meet you (since you live so close to me) and share your stories and experiences. Good Luck young lady....Semper Fi!

BOOGIEMAN44
12-05-05, 08:01 PM
Tegan, Remember, Never Look Back, Your Ega Is Not Behind You, You Go For All Your Worth, And The Weather Here In South Caroilna Right Now Is Very Damp And Starting To Get Cold In The Morning, Warm In The After Noon, So We All Will Look Forward To Hearing From You When You Get Your Ega, You Go Girl...mark

christine_06
12-05-05, 10:08 PM
good luck tegan!

Arlene Horton
12-05-05, 10:27 PM
:D Good luck, Tegan. Hope to hear from you when you get that EGA. A picture would be appreciated. Another WM joining.....OOORAH.
Arlene

greensideout
12-05-05, 10:32 PM
Do Marines get ribbons now right out of boot? I see that these Marines are wearing one. If so, what are the ribbons representing? I think that the National Defense Medal was given to graduating Marines during the Vietnam war but not sure.

Tegan
12-05-05, 10:37 PM
I believe my bro is wearing the ribbon for marksmanship.
BIGCAT!! long time no see! sheesh...

Phantom Blooper
12-06-05, 04:15 AM
greensideout,National Defense Medal. Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

jinelson
12-06-05, 04:53 AM
Well Tegan its just about that time so make Matt and me proud girl. Your bro is wearing a National Defense Ribbon and both Marines are wearing shooting badges that identify them both as Rifle Experts. In my day we were also issued the NDR out of boot, and we called them fire watch ribbons, so get used to the words fire watch because you be be standing a lot of it lol. Good luck to you and hang tough girl its not an easy path you chose but its dang sure the best. We will all be waiting here to welcome you home as a Marine.

Make us proud OORAH!!!

Arlene Horton
12-06-05, 10:10 PM
:D When our Platoon graduated in Sept. 1952 we were issued the National Defense Service Medal, as well as Pfc ratings. We were subjects of a new way of Boot training. It was exacting but frankly, after seeing the Boot Camp training on the History Channel, and the Military Channel, we had an easy time of it! We weren't exactly pampered, but we were under a lot of stress trying to be #1. Good Luck, Tegan. Looking forward to hearing from you after you get your EGA. Semper Fi;)

mrbsox
12-06-05, 10:36 PM
Do Marines get ribbons now right out of boot? I see that these Marines are wearing one. If so, what are the ribbons representing? I think that the National Defense Medal was given to graduating Marines during the Vietnam war but not sure.

National Defense ribbon (medal) is issued to todays Marines (as well as other branches) for serving during time of conflict.
As I recall, there was a short period around Desert Storm, and of course since September 11.
Before that, I think it was cut August 1975.

I served during 'cold war' era, 1976 to 1980, and never rated the ND medal.

Terry