PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Monday

POOLEE003OCT24
10-20-05, 11:43 AM
Well this community has kept me going, jim exspecially. Hes like a dad to me. he keeps me motivated, when i get nervous. Monday i will be leaving for MCRDSD for boot. Im not afraid to admit it but im nervous like no other, but its like xmas for me, no idea whats gonna happen. Thanks everyone.

Hope to soon be part of this family.

Osotogary
10-20-05, 02:41 PM
Take care of yourself, POOLEEOO3OCT24. From what I have read and from what I have heard "the nerves" happen to everyone. You will do fine, especially since you have had such fine encouragement and tutelage from members of this web site. All in all, when it comes right down to it, it's all up to you. Never give up, never quite. You will do fine.
Gary

Lorix
10-20-05, 07:29 PM
Have a fun time, the first two weeks are the best. Your DIs are the friendliest human beings on the Earth! Never quit, semper fi!

JAMarine
10-20-05, 07:59 PM
Good Luck to you Poolee. We'll be waiting for you to return.

And

Dang if that's another vote for Nelson....... I'm doing somethting wrong...........:p

BOOGIEMAN44
10-20-05, 08:29 PM
Good Luck Poolee, Remember, When It Starts Getting Tough, Always Keep Your Eye On The Prize, The Right To Call Your Self, A United States Marine, There Is No Substitute, There Is No Greater Honor Than The Name... MARINE, Good Luck.

PFC HYATT CR
10-20-05, 09:14 PM
hey poolee i also leave on monday for san diego except that im heading down there for mct. ive been there and done what you are about to do. maybe ill see yah in the uso room at the sd airport. so if we do happen to run into each there i could answer any last minute questions that you may have about recruit training in person. if not then good luck and keep your head held high

semper fi

GySgtRet
10-20-05, 09:27 PM
poolee,

Good luck to you. And remember we all have been there and done that never say I can't. If you can't you won't . AT times it will be minute by minute not knowing what you have done incorrectly. Don't worry about that the recruits are probably thinking the samething if they did something wrong. Do not take anything personal. You are all equal to the drill instructors.

Good Luck and let us know when you get back. Just keep thinking Eagle, Globe, and Anchor..OOORAH...Get some...!!!

jinelson
10-20-05, 11:55 PM
Ok Zach its that time so git er done and make me proud. Your a PT animal and your stuff is together and wrapped tightly, you are good to go. I have been honored to know you and help you achieve your dream, now its all up to you. I expect to see you in thirteen weeks return as a United States Marine and my brother. OORAH!!!

Jim

CHOPPER7199
10-21-05, 02:01 AM
Gee, That Time Went Fast, I Can Remember You Asking All Kinds Of Stuff. Now You Get The Chance To Go Get It Done. No Doubt You Will Have That E.g.a. In 13 Weeks. Like It Was Said, Stay Focused And Carry On Your Mission To Earn The Name "united States Marine" Get Back And Let Us Know You Are A Brother. A.s.a.p.

CHOPPER7199
10-21-05, 02:02 AM
:banana: Gee, That Time Went Fast, I Can Remember You Asking All Kinds Of Stuff. Now You Get The Chance To Go Get It Done. No Doubt You Will Have That E.g.a. In 13 Weeks. Like It Was Said, Stay Focused And Carry On Your Mission To Earn The Name "united States Marine" Get Back And Let Us Know You Are A Brother. A.s.a.p.:evilgrin:

hrscowboy
10-21-05, 02:40 AM
13 weeks dang it was only 8 weeks for me, Thats ok run up there poolie and give that ole drill instructor a big hug for Cowboy.. then hollor Yeahawwww ..

You can do this young man we have all been there, now its your turn to make us proud and become one of Us, Keep your head up and do what your told and get through just fine...

Sidebar
10-21-05, 11:47 PM
Good luck to you poolie, this community is always there to give you a hand. Have fun, dig deep, and go all out!

drillinstructor
10-22-05, 12:07 AM
Well this community has kept me going, jim exspecially. Hes like a dad to me. he keeps me motivated, when i get nervous. Monday i will be leaving for MCRDSD for boot. Im not afraid to admit it but im nervous like no other, but its like xmas for me, no idea whats gonna happen. Thanks everyone.

Hope to soon be part of this family.

well I am not going to the airport Monday but I will be the first one you see when you get off my bus.............................Bring nothing with you......shave your head b4 coming so I can use you as a working party as the others get their haircut.

only bring your packet the recruiter gave you and the clothes on your back...no Marine shirt. DO NOT BRING ANYTHING ELSE!!!!!!!!! PREPARE FOR HELL UNTIL YOU WALK ACROSS MY GRINDER AND YOU ARE GOING TO GOLF COMPANY.........DI

jinelson
10-22-05, 12:59 AM
Ouch Zach! Dont let the good Gunnery Sergeant shake you up, but do read and heed what he said and take it as a direct order! Show him what you are made of. And always remember that Matt and I are with you at all times. And best of all he told told what Company your going too, and thats 2nd RTBN my birthplace OORAH!!!

Jim

Tallboot
11-06-05, 11:48 AM
*Sigh* when will it be my time!!!

Smalcom
11-06-05, 03:58 PM
I know how ya feal Tallboot... CANT WAIT

Tallboot
11-06-05, 07:23 PM
Lol, it sounds all gravy, until they knock my ass out when i get off the bus!

parrish03xx
11-07-05, 01:15 AM
I suggest that you get a hold of staff sergeant nelson (s/n jinelson) he got my ass through it he will get yours through it too.

OORAH!!! Parrish 0311 USMC

Osotogary
11-07-05, 06:59 AM
Maybe this a late entry but..... good luck to you, parrish03xx.