PDA

View Full Version : PI on Military Channel

Tegan
09-26-05, 01:30 PM
Hey everybody!
I finally had access to a tv with cable, and I turned it to the Military Channel. I got to watch the third phase episode about Bootcamp on Parris Island . I thought it was really good. They showed females and males, and I got a chance to look at the scenery, things they do, how they do it. I thought it was very informative!
POOLEES- Watch it some time if you get a chance.

tegan

miguelito
09-27-05, 05:19 PM
Yea it's a great documentary and very informative if you want information on what to expect in recruit training. After you earn the title though you will think that documentary made it look easy.

Future-USMC-LT
09-27-05, 11:42 PM
It looks easy because the cameras are around. Enough said.

miguelito
09-28-05, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Future-USMC-LT
It looks easy because the cameras are around. Enough said.
Exactly. Mothers of America are too worried about their sons getting hurt during training that will someday save their lives.

CrazyBrave83
09-28-05, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I took note of how things changed when the public eye was involved in my short time down at Parris Island.

I know the cameras definitely weigh into it.

I remember days when SSgt.Felosi would be chewing us out because we jacked up drill (what else is new)...and families of graduating recruits would walk by in the middle of his rants...

SSgt Felosi: "2017! YOU F***IN' STUPID APES, YOU LOOK LIKE MONKEYS F***IN' DAGGONE FOOTBALLS! SIT, KNEEL, STAND RIGH-
"
(Takes note of families walking by, faces agape...as the platoon approaches him...)
SSgt Felosi: "(calmer voice) Now I swear if there weren't (whisper) f***in' people that actually cared about you around here I'd be going off..."

We would always find it funny watching his mood go from insane to only slightly unhinged due to observation.