PDA

View Full Version : uh oh

immaproshooter
09-19-05, 04:54 PM
one of my friends got drunk the other night and got a tattoo that wouldnt be approaved of and he already swore in a few monthsago and is freakin out now and is affraid to tell his recruiter.....hes wanting to know if this is gonna keep him from shipping to boot and getting into the Marines

yellowwing
09-19-05, 06:08 PM
The Recruiter has to make the judgement call for the kid. Better that he find out now than being stuck in the Receiving Barracks waiting to be waived or processed out.

I don't know but if someone has a real bug up their tail, they might look into fraudulent enlistment. Especially if the kid is withholding information now. That would be the end of everything.

Let it be a free lesson to you at your friend's expense.

GunnyL
09-19-05, 07:19 PM
What is the Tattoo? You say that it wouldn't meet with approval but what is it and what are you basing your opinion on?
The recruiting service will have to ultimately decide if it's acceptable or not and if not he has the option of having it removed or covered up with something appropriate unless of course it's on his neck or some other unauthorized location.

GunnyL

GySgtRet
09-19-05, 08:35 PM
Not only what is the tattoo, but where is it? He had better get a fire light on his 6 o'clock and get something done pronto...!!!

miguelito
09-20-05, 11:51 AM
The worst thing he could do right now is NOT tell his recruiter. Like mentioned previously, it all depends on where the tattoo is and what it is. Your friend needs to contact his recruiter about it as soon as possible.

Phantom Blooper
09-20-05, 10:55 PM
Print this out and tell your friend to sing it all the way to the recruiters office and after he gets his A$$ chewed for the tatoo and more than likely underage drinking!And then all the way back! Theres plenty of time to do all that "foolishness" after he graduates if he even goes. But in this day and age I wouldn't advise hiding or not telling the recruiter. Final physical tells all and if he doesn't have that waiver he could be sitting on the sidelines cheering on the home team that he would be part of!

Brain

I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin' while
my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain.
I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le,
In trouble or in pain.
With the thoughts you'll be thinkin'
you could be another Lincoln
If you only had a brain.
Oh, I could tell you why The ocean's near the shore.
I could think of things I never thunk before.
And then I'd sit, and think some more.
I would not be just a nothin' my head all full of stuffin'
My heart all full of pain.
I would dance and be merry, life would be a ding-a-derry,
If I only had a brain.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck HallBrain

yellowwing
09-21-05, 12:01 AM
NARF!

immaproshooter
09-21-05, 02:33 AM
he got a tattoo on his bicep of the Confederate flag has southern written above it and pride written below it

T. Staggs19
09-21-05, 02:46 AM
I was under the impression that it was illegal to give a tattoo if the person is drunk, Id tell ur friend to thank the artist.

Phantom Blooper
09-21-05, 05:31 AM
Responsibility is of the individual. The tattoo artist is in it for a living. I may be remiss in saying this but my experiences with getting tattoos,if you were drunk you would become semi- sober in a few minutes and the person doing the tattooing is normally drinking,smoking or snorting while your there or before you got there. Then again this was 30 + years ago. But the ultimate responsibility is of the individual,best to learn that now. Whats the law I don't know.

Hypothetical ...Don't sell booze to someone underage or drunk..they may hurt someone or themselves or do something stupid. In the end who does the judge deem responsible?

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Ed Palmer
09-21-05, 08:22 AM
If you are intent on getting a tat, or body piercing why not go all the and realy look intelligent

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/pierced.jpg

Nagalfar
09-21-05, 08:33 AM
Friends dont let friends get tattooed when they are drunk, knowing it could/would screw them up.. nice pic Ed.. I see the freak show is in town, LMAO.. obviously a nice California boy!

GySgtRet
09-21-05, 08:36 AM
Just think what kind of woman he wound up after this???

Phantom Blooper
09-21-05, 08:39 AM
This "Thang" was on a talk show in the morning awhile back. If memory serves me and again with "sometimers disease" it may not but,I believe this freak is a woman. S/F Chuck Hall

LivinSoFree
09-21-05, 12:11 PM
You gotta at least give her points for being hardcore...

Accord
09-21-05, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by immaproshooter
he got a tattoo on his bicep of the Confederate flag has southern written above it and pride written below it

I bet a good tatoo artist could easily turn it into an American flag.

KingDonkeyPunch
09-21-05, 06:48 PM
I didnt think that a confederate flag was out of marine corps standards. I mean, how many marines from texas have their state flag inked somewhere on them with some sort of "Texas Pride" thing? I know many a marine that have the "stars and bars" tatted on them. I myself have a huge iron cross tat that caps my shoulder and not one person has ever said a thing about it. I guess that really isnt the same thing.

Accord
09-21-05, 11:07 PM
Shouldn't he be fine as long as it doesn't show up when wearing alpha's (at least I think it's alpha's)?

Phantom Blooper
09-22-05, 07:44 AM
The deal is this young man has already been put into the delayed entry program. As I stated before on these posts I don't know anything about the DEP except from what I have read on these military sites so I am not going to say that I do know. However,I would venture to say from what I have read that there has been numerous postings and warnings about getting tattoos and keeping ones nose clean before shipping off to a MCRD. Excuses of covering up with alpha's and changing the ink to something else are just that excuses. In this fragile time of the world and nation a confederate flag would hold controversy, in my opinion. Although the intended meaning and the history may be considered a pride thing.

I am quite certain from asking questions of the local recruiter here in town that all young men and women are screened and checked for tattoos that are on the body at the time of first going to see the recruiter. It is also advised at that time don't get anymore or don't get one until later in your career if one at all. Again from the original posters age,I may be wrong but his peer group and buddies are not able to drink legally. Again I may be remiss in saying this but thats two strikes. The third would be not coming straight with integrity and telling the recruiter and getting this matter taken care of. If he does not come straight now and obey the regulations now just go back and see the tattoo artist and have him put ink dots from ear to ear then tattoo above in nice block letters "CUT ON THE DOTTED LINE!"

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :marine:

Kaziganthi
09-22-05, 12:07 PM
Heh another one lost to stupidity of tattoo choices... No telling howmany people my RSS has to turn down because they have a tattoo on their back that goes too high or a tattoo that goes too far on arm. I know of at least 3-4 that came in when I was in DEP.

miguelito
09-22-05, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Accord
Shouldn't he be fine as long as it doesn't show up when wearing alpha's (at least I think it's alpha's)?
It's usually supposed to be that it can't show up when dressed in PT gear but some recruiters just use the Charlie shirt as a guide instead. This is only to see if the enlistee needs a waiver or not for his/her tattoo.

PFCJon
09-23-05, 04:15 PM
Because of the DEP issue, you may just be ass-out. I know for a fact that there are Marines out there with stars and bars tats though, I went to boot camp with several. The only issue is getting waivers and keeping them on the right part of your body (not visible in PT gear)