PDA

View Full Version : NOMAD Memorial Fund

Shaffer
06-28-02, 12:22 PM
TeufelHunden has made me aware of a memorial fund set up for the following:

"The purpose of the fund is to raise money towards the cost of flying Ruth Ann Morrow, Nomad's lovely wife, out to the presentation of the custom rifle created for NOMAD to George and Ruth Anne's son Miguel."

I believe this is a very worthwhile fund. If you would like to contribute to the fund you may go here:

Memorial Fund (http://www.thefontman.com/memorial_fund.htm)

Semper Fi,

Jerry

LadyLeatherneck
06-28-02, 12:36 PM
Thanks for relaying the message. When is this ceremony accuring?

Semper Fi :)

Shaffer
06-28-02, 12:55 PM
The ceremony is supposed to occur September 6, 2002.

SF Jerry

TeufelHunden
06-28-02, 01:40 PM
...Here's some more information...

**All funds will be used strictly for this. In the event there are any moneys left after covering the cost for the ceremony and Ruth Ann's travel, they will be held in the fund and used to assist other Marine Corps organizations or events in what little way they can.

**An accounting of the funds can and will be provided upon request from the folks who set it up.

**Ruth Ann will be traveling from Washington, DC to San Diego if that helps in understanding the costs involved.

**Tentative Itinerary - Arriving San Diego on 5Sep (Thursday), presenting rifle on 6Sep (Friday), George's final send off on 7Sep (Saturday), Ruth Ann returning to VA on 8Sep (Sunday).

I'll try to keep y'all abreast of information as it becomes available.

Shaffer
06-28-02, 03:49 PM
Leatherneck.com is in no way affiliated with this fund or presentation. The fund was brought to my attention via another Marine on this board. I posted the information about the fund per that Marines request. I do believe it is going towards a good cause and would like to make folks aware of it. I know many people who knew Nomad on this site would want to know about this fund.

Semper Fi,

Jerry

TeufelHunden
06-29-02, 07:03 AM
...Drop me an e-mail or PM me & I'll shoot you the snail mail address where you can send cash/check.

For anyone else who may have a problem with me requesting that the folks in the leatherneck.com head shed ad the link to the PayPal account for the members here, for what I feel is an appropriate way to show our support and appreciation for a departed brother Marine's family - your beef is with me!!! Drop me an e-mail and I'll give you my telephone number and we can talk about it - Marine to Marine.

TeufelHunden
07-04-02, 09:30 AM
...As of 3July, there's $98.00 in the PayPal account, and an additional $150.00 in the form of Cash/Check/M.O. - For a total of $248.00 to date.

NamGrunt68
07-10-02, 02:49 PM
On June 28 I made a donation to the NOMAD fund via &quot;PayPal&quot;. <br />
The Donation is still sitting there unclaimed. Would whomever is in charge of that fund please claim it so the family can get it. PayPal...

NamGrunt68
07-10-02, 08:02 PM
my previous post about 4 or 5 hours ago....COULD ONE OF YOU UPSTANDING MARINE MODERATORS HAVE THE COMMON DECENCY TO AT LEAST RESPOND TO MY LAST POST.....I PROMISE I WON'T COME IN THE WIRE AND BOTHER ANY OF THE PC LEFTIST MARINES IN HERE NO MORE, BUT I'M SURE THAT WHOEVER STARTED THE NOMAD FUND WOULD APPRECIATE IT BEING HANDLED PROPERLY....AFTER ALL ITS' ONLY PAPER WORK AND THERE SEEMS TO BE ENUFF POGUES AROUND HERE TO HANDLE THAT.....I MADE THIS DONATION IN GOOD FAITH THAT IT WOULD GET TO NOMADS FAMILY. **** YA VERY MUCH !!!!

thedrifter
07-10-02, 08:28 PM
Hi Dane,

We here at leatherneck have nothing to do with the fund. We posted it here as a courtsey. Did this because a lot of members here knew Nomad.

I am sending you a PM with names of Marines to contact and their addy's.

Sempers,

Roger

NamGrunt68
07-11-02, 05:09 AM
Thanks, and thanks for postin back to me about it....

TeufelHunden
07-11-02, 07:01 AM
...Wasn't ignoring your post - didn't wanna respond until the recon came back - To date they've recieved $365.00 via USPS, and $114.00 via the PayPal account for a total of $479.00. PM me or send me an e-mail and I'll put you in touch with the folks holding the books.

TeufelHunden
07-15-02, 07:37 PM
$385.00 USPS
$214.00 PayPal
-------------------
$599.00 - Total

MASTERGUNSGT
07-23-02, 12:23 PM
It looks like the fund is being supported but not by very many people. This seems like a something that needs more help. Please give them a hand by sending a donation today. Yes I did, by snail mail.

MASTER GUNS

TeufelHunden
07-24-02, 11:35 AM
...The fund total is thus...

$314.00 - PayPal
$385.00 - Snail Mail
-------------------------
$699.00 - Total

TeufelHunden
08-02-02, 01:20 PM
$838.00 PayPal & Snail Mail
$600.00 From NOMADs Former Employer