PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos

OneDayAMarine
07-23-05, 04:51 PM
I was wanting one of like an Eagle Globe and Anchor on my heart..i know this interfeers with the uniform if it was on your arm and you couldnt join the Corps but i woner if anything would be said it it was just a small tattoo on ur heart?..if so then i guess ill just wait after :)

Chrscllhn
07-23-05, 05:39 PM
Wait until you have earned yourself the EGA before you go getting it tatoo'd anywhere on your body.

Besides it will save you alot of grief when you get to boot camp.

Joseph P Carey
07-23-05, 06:39 PM
I do not think I would walk into PI or SD with a Marine Corps Tat on... You are going to hear ravings like you have never heard before anyway, why make it worst on yourself?

Marines, especially DIs, are very touchy about people identifing themselves as Marines before they earned the title.

USMCgrunt0331
07-23-05, 07:03 PM
Listen to the advice you've been given, cause it's 100 % true, and besides, why would you want to get a tat of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor when you haven't earned it? Once you've earned it and you rate a tattoo like that, you can get it on your arm.

OneDayAMarine
07-23-05, 07:35 PM
alright thx Marines...that is true i didnt think about it that way ill wait untill i have earned the title

Sgt Ski 2/7
07-23-05, 09:59 PM
yeah bad news about he tat before boot...afterwards it is okay ....i have USMC tattoed on my forearm

miguelito
07-26-05, 03:29 PM
I remember a kid in my platoon that had "USMC" and then his ship date right below it tattooed on his arm. Man, he got so much flack pretty much all the way till graduation. Although another recruit got even more flack for having a Raiders tattoo on his forearm. Maybe because it wasn't as motivating as the USMC one.

BigCat1
07-26-05, 06:20 PM
Speaking as a former Marine DI, if you walked into my platoon with a Marine Corps tattoo, I'd make your life a living hell for the next 13 weeks. I guarantee you that you would wish you never got the damn thing and would probably resolve to try to remove it yourself. My advice to you? Don't do it!

Riven37
08-05-05, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by OneDayAMarine
I was wanting one of like an Eagle Globe and Anchor on my heart..i know this interfeers with the uniform if it was on your arm and you couldnt join the Corps but i woner if anything would be said it it was just a small tattoo on ur heart?..if so then i guess ill just wait after :)

I personally would not get a USMC Tac before you complete your main task at hand first. I never made the step to get a Corps Tac because I had nothing to prove.

Looking back 30 + years later, I'm thinking of getting a tac that would emcompass my life experience and may get the Wall on my upper arm to complete my tour of duty.

Why not wait, complete your main task at hand many wish they never made that step with a USMC Tac.

ALSEUT
08-05-05, 01:24 PM
Why the tattoo? You dfon't need a tattoo to prove anything, just be who you are and let it stand. A tattoo don't prove your a man or a marine. Its just a sign, Hey look how stupid I am, and it won't wash off.