PDA

View Full Version : 13 days till ship...

DuckSauce
05-24-05, 02:33 PM
I leave in less than two weeks and it hasn't even hit me yet. I have so much I've been doing. My last day of school is friday, I only have two exams, but I have to finish a report tonight. My graduation party is the 3rd, I graduate the 5th, and ship the 6th. Where has the time gone? Lol I just got my senior pics taken yesterday. Took my red Marine Corps flag up to Waco Airfield and got a pic taken of me in my pool shirt, flag, and a Huey. Pretty cool. I've weened myself off of mountain dew the last 3 weeks and ran to stay loose. I've been reading the green monster they give you at the depot, pretty interesting stuff, but a mouthful, lol.

I feel more than ready, and more than anxious. I just want to do my best. I can't wait to get to Parris Island. I want to earn the title of Marine, instead of automatically being called one because I'm in the dep, it doesn't feel right yet ya know?

Well anyways, that's that. I'll continue trying to give effort at school, I'll soak up the moments spent with my girl, listen to as much music as I can, dust some more slow cars in my camaro, and basically enjoy the rest of my free time.

No regrets, lock and load!!!
Brandon

USMCgrunt0331
05-24-05, 02:39 PM
All sounds good, except for that last part. Welbaum, a guy I was in the DEP with got a speeding ticket 4 days before his ship date, and couldn't get it dropped even though he told them he was going to boot camp in 4 days, and couldn't ship for months later. So I'd think twice about the dusting slow cars in the camaro. Good luck though.

DuckSauce
05-24-05, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by USMCgrunt0331
All sounds good, except for that last part. Welbaum, a guy I was in the DEP with got a speeding ticket 4 days before his ship date, and couldn't get it dropped even though he told them he was going to boot camp in 4 days, and couldn't ship for months later. So I'd think twice about the dusting slow cars in the camaro. Good luck though.

Good point lance corporal, I should clear up my last comment. I enjoy accelerating onto the highway, and away from lights, but I never go past the speed limit, and i don't burn out either.

i just enjoy a little torque every now and then:D

jay2120
05-24-05, 04:01 PM
well good luck out there. If I were you the last 7-10 days before you leave stop running give your legs a break. If you have been training this won't effect you for three months you will be on your feet so tak a week off to give them a rest. you don't want any stress factors or shin splints. Believe me when you get there you will run faster.

DuckSauce
05-24-05, 04:26 PM
well taken, thank you LCpl jay2120:)

...the rest would be the calm before the storm, correct?:D