PDA

View Full Version : here is a question for all you poolees

marinefamily5
05-16-05, 08:20 AM
Here is a question for all you out there..........

1. What year was Gen Lewis B. Puller enlist into the Marine Corps.

2. What month & year did Gen Puller become commissioned as a 2nd LT.

3. Before being commissioned as a 2nd LT, he spent 5 yrs at this duty station. Where was this duty station located at.

parrish03xx
05-16-05, 03:04 PM
Sgt. Here is your answers

He enlisted in 1918

He became a 2nd LT in March of 1924

He was stuck at Gendarmerie d'Haiti for five yrs.

OOAH RAH
Semper Fi Sgt.

parrish03xx
05-16-05, 03:05 PM
He retired in November of 1955

Pel
05-16-05, 03:50 PM
In June 1919 he was a Reserve 2nd LT but because of the downsizing after world war one he was turned inactive and re-enlisted as regular enlisted. He wasnt really stuck in Haiti, he wanted action and he found it there, good job though Poolee Parrish. I just finished another book on him.

Pel

marinefamily5
05-17-05, 05:38 AM
good job there parrish03xx....working on another one for you poollees in a few.....................

marinefamily5
05-17-05, 05:43 AM
Who is the most famous sniper in Marine Corps history and what was hit trade mark..........

what was his longest confirmed kill.

when he retired his plaque read what.

FullMetalJacket
05-17-05, 01:04 PM
Carlos Hathcock, not sure about the mark one shot one kill? Or being called White Feather?
Longest confirmed kill was 2500 yards I believe.
Do not know the last question.

marinefamily5
05-17-05, 01:10 PM
yes his trade mark was the white feather and your right it was 2500 yds........

anyone else that might know what his plaque read

OneDayAMarine
05-23-05, 07:50 PM
" There have been many marines. And there have been many Marine Marksmen. But there is only one Marine Sniper-Gunnery Sgt. Carlos N. Hathcock II. One Shot-One Kill. "...Im pretty sure he recieved it from his commanding officer.

USMCRCTFORSTER
05-23-05, 08:26 PM
My recruiter was telling me about the guy who cuts his hair. His hair cutter guy is a former Marine, who made it all the way up the ranks to Master Gunnery Sergeant, until some General decided that he was officer Material. so he then gets all the way up to fullbird colonel. Apparently, the General who felt he was officer material, was none other than "Chesty". Also, on that Marine Corps sniper, i believe he had 93 confirmed kills, was famous for his long stalk of an NVA general, and single handedly eradicated a NVA company over the course of about a week i think. Not completely sure however...

marinefamily5
05-24-05, 07:24 AM
yes your both right if you would like a great book about him the name of it is "93 confirmed kills" it is a great book to read, i couldn't put it down an i hate reading

fade2black
05-24-05, 07:56 AM
He didn't single handedly take on a company of NVA, it was him and his spotter. Between the two of them they took out most of the company and finished them off with a napalm strike I believe (it was either that or with arty). That story is also in the book "One Shot, One Kill", along with the stalking of the NVA general.

OneDayAMarine
05-24-05, 02:45 PM
any more questions sgt.?

MelloYello
05-24-05, 03:46 PM
Who was the Sniper that got more Kills then Carlos Hathcock in the Vietnam war? Thats a good question. I forgot the guys name but I will look it up while I wait on the answer. if I recalled he had 113 kills.

marinefamily5
05-24-05, 04:51 PM
Was he Marine Corps or Army because I know that a Army dude got over 200 confirmed kills.....and sorry I havne't came up with anymore the last couple of day been busy at work...

MelloYello
05-24-05, 05:29 PM
I thought he was Marines..he could of being Army but he was the Sniper of Vietnam. White Feather just stood out more.

marinemom
05-24-05, 09:18 PM
Not Army - Private Charles "Chuck" Mawhinney, Marine sniper in Viet Nam - over a 16 month period, he ran a talley of 103 confirmed enemy kills and 216 "probables".

To this day, there has not been another Marine to match his totals.

muck
05-24-05, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by MelloYello
Who was the Sniper that got more Kills then Carlos Hathcock in the Vietnam war? Thats a good question. I forgot the guys name but I will look it up while I wait on the answer. if I recalled he had 113 kills.

Adelbert Waldron III
Vietnam
U.S. Army
Charles B. Mawhinney
Vietnam
U.S.M.C
Eric R. England
Vietnam
U.S.M.C

Carlos Hathcock
Vietnam
U.S.M.C

MelloYello
05-26-05, 08:08 PM
I think the main reason Hathcock is so famous is because of his White Feather. If it wasn't for that I don't think he would be as big as he is now.

marinefamily5
05-26-05, 08:19 PM
no what he is so famous for is because he stalked all of his vistims alot of the other guys got dropped in from a helo and didn't have very far to go. gunny stalked them on foot that is made him so famous....i mean i know the white father had some to do it with it but that wasn't the main reason. go get the book "93 comfirmed kills " it is a great book.

MelloYello
05-26-05, 09:08 PM
I have Marine Sniper, I want to pick up Silent Warrior..2nd part of the Book kinda. I been meaning to pick up 93 confirmed kills aswell.

USMCRCTFORSTER
05-27-05, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by MelloYello
I think the main reason Hathcock is so famous is because of his White Feather. If it wasn't for that I don't think he would be as big as he is now.

I disagree, i think the main reason had something to do with that eagle, globe, and anchor he wore. OoRah!

Wyoming
05-27-05, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by USMCRCTFORSTER

I disagree, i think the main reason had something to do with that eagle, globe, and anchor he wore. OoRah!

Check out - http://www.ega.usmchq.com/index.html (http://)

marinefamily5
06-02-05, 09:19 PM
well here is another question for everyone out there.........what do these mean

s
a
l
u
t
e

s
m
e
a
c

m
p
c
o
a

l
p
o
p

t
l
p

p
o
f

p
o
r

p
o
f

o
r
p

p
o
r

if there is anyone out that would know this let me know........................

have fun with this one......found some of my old notes

parrish03xx
06-07-05, 01:12 AM
Sgt thank you for making us rack our brain and use or recon abilities lol. Your ? are great just keep em coming on your capabilities and OOAH RAH to the other answer-ers of the ?.

Semper Fi

parrish03xx
06-07-05, 01:16 AM
I will get the last que but maybe not befor someone else but I will keep up on this fun

marinefamily5
06-07-05, 06:04 AM
so has anyone figured out what these mean yet..................

rproctor922
06-07-05, 07:17 AM
s-size
a-activity
l-location
u-unit
t-time
e-equipment

it is an acroynym for reporting the observation of enemy forces

o-operational
r-rally
p-point