PDA

View Full Version : changing mos after 4 yrs

IGOTGLOCKS
04-24-05, 02:06 AM
I was wondering how hard is it to change to any other mos's that you qualify for after your 4 years are up?

marinefamily5
04-24-05, 08:35 AM
well to tell you the truth about that it is pretty easy, especailly being a first termer. all you have to do it go to the career jammer and tell him you want to do what is called a LAT MOVE. then what he will do is look up your score ( GT, MM, CL, EL ) and the he will let you know what MOS you will be able to LAT MOVE into. I was gonna go from a 1371 ( combat engineer ) to topo intel specailist, but stuff didn't work out.....if you need anything else let us know

marinefamily5
04-24-05, 08:35 AM
well to tell you the truth about that it is pretty easy, especailly being a first termer. all you have to do it go to the career jammer and tell him you want to do what is called a LAT MOVE. then what he will do is look up your score ( GT, MM, CL, EL ) and the he will let you know what MOS you will be able to LAT MOVE into. I was gonna go from a 1371 ( combat engineer ) to topo intel specailist, but stuff didn't work out.....if you need anything else let us know

marinefamily5
04-24-05, 08:36 AM

Phantom Blooper
04-24-05, 08:40 AM
marinefamily5,did you get your point across? LOL !Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

OLE SARG
04-24-05, 10:44 AM
Oh my God, I've got triple vision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

marinefamily5
04-24-05, 11:42 AM
yeah i see that i don't know what happened there........LMAO

Kaziganthi
04-25-05, 01:42 PM
Cool that is a good question... I was wondering about that as well.

Lorix
04-25-05, 09:17 PM
If you don't like the mos that you're in, is it possible to change before the 4 years are over?

marinefamily5
04-26-05, 06:42 AM
no the only way you can change it is to re-up as far as i know......now i do know you can do what is called OJT but that is up to the command your with....which 99.99999% of the time it doesn't get approved because i even thought about doing that at one point in time why i was in okinawa......

jegries
04-26-05, 07:53 AM
Yes it is possible to change MOS fields but only if you qualify and your MOS monitor will release you from your MOS. All fields have to have certain number to keep up with the workload. I'm a Data Analyst for Cherry Point and had to wait till my eas to Lat move and even then I had go AR cause my monitor wouldn't let me go. So it all depends on your MOS monitor and the space available.

marinefamily5
04-26-05, 08:28 AM
ok i wasn't sure about that but from the way i was explained it when i was looking at doing it is that i could do OJT then when it came time to re-up i could lat move.