PDA

View Full Version : Rpcp

Hakrim
04-08-05, 09:51 AM
I was wondering if you go into pcp, and still dont meet the requirements do you get discharged?

LivinSoFree
04-08-05, 11:10 AM
Negative, not for at least a year, and I PROMISE you, you WILL find motivation before that time is up. What's the interest in discharge, out of curiosity? Are you worried you might not make the...

parrish03xx
04-08-05, 11:12 AM
No PCP is for the unfit and not in shape recruits. If a recruit goes into PCP he will then be put into the program of working his ass of in the weights and running. Until he can meet the requirments for the PFT's he will stay in there. Once he meets those requirments he will be moved back into the Boot Camp courses. But it will be where he left of before he went to PCP. So if the recruit goes into PCP he could end up being at Boot for more than 3 months.

OOAH RAH

So get you chit to gether !

parrish03xx
04-08-05, 11:13 AM
OOAH RAH LivinSoFree

Hakrim
04-08-05, 11:31 AM
I was wondering out of curiosity, cause i heard some pretty bad things about the PCP.

Kaziganthi
04-08-05, 05:29 PM
Yeah i've been workin my @$$ off on my run time (13:18-13:21 on 1 1/2 mile). I'm set on crunches and pull-ups though. 92 and 9-10.

So...Get-r-done!

parrish03xx
04-08-05, 05:34 PM
Kaziganthi you need to be getting atleast below the 13 mark and in the 10s and 100 crunches and 20 pull ups.

When do you ship?

I ship in July and I am at a 9:58 1 1/2 run, 90 crunches, but 19 pull ups.

My friend Tony is at 8:58 1 1/2 run, 80+ crunches, and 16 pull ups.

So get on it

OOAH RAH

Git-R Done

Kaziganthi
04-08-05, 11:45 PM
I ship June 20th 2k5.

I running and lifting weights 4 times a week. Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs,. I would do more but it is getting to the busiest time of school year right now... They got all the TAKS (standardized tests for state of TX) crap going on so homework and projects out the wazoo even though i dont have to take (passed it last year)... Plus I am part of a small group making the slide show for graduation so I am there also, Art club, Physics project @ Six Flags over TX, I am on my local RSS drill team (practice on Mon, Tues, Wed,),... I could go on more but Im not.

April will be the busiest month this year for me... I have almost everyday filled with something. I only got sundays. Once may hits though that will free up A LOT of time... Then I'll be working out 5-6 times a week

So Oorah!!!

Im Gettin' er' done!:banana:

drillinstructor
04-17-05, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Kaziganthi
Yeah i've been workin my @$$ off on my run time (13:18-13:21 on 1 1/2 mile). I'm set on crunches and pull-ups though. 92 and 9-10.

So...Get-r-done!

dang those are pathetic scores.....get away from the play station...what is wrong with kids today?

sad thing is you say you are good doing 92 crunches and 9 pull-ups.....oh you have no idea what lays ahead of you...

LivinSoFree
04-17-05, 08:31 PM
Get 'em Gunny!!!

0300poolee
04-17-05, 08:36 PM
Pork Chop Platoon!

Eric Robinson
04-18-05, 06:33 AM
some people just arnt good runners. A good friend of mine cant run for Sh*t so he just makes sure he Kicks a** on the pull ups and sit ups and on the PFT he still gets a very high 1st class PFT ,in fact he got an award for it. 100 sit ups in 2 minutes is so easy that there really isnt any good reason that every Marine dosnt get 100, all u have to do is do sit ups when u wake up, as much as u can durring the day, and befor u go to sleep for about a week and two weeks if ur in bad shape, and then u should be at 100 and then some. Pull ups are the money makers, they contribute such a large amount to your total score that they should be your main focus even if you are at 17 pull ups. Trust me, you need to make sure u work on your pull ups as much as possible and there is no easy way to do it other then to just do it as much as u can. I cant stess it enough, pull ups are key. and dont give the excuse that you weigh alot cause i know too many heavy weights that all do 20 plus (i cant fiqure it out but they just can)

FullMetalJacket
04-18-05, 04:08 PM
My goal is to get a 300 PFT in about a month or so. My 1.5 is at 840 right now and has dropped because that was a month ago. Been doing track so my time will be dropping fast.

Kaziganthi
04-18-05, 05:16 PM
Drillinstructer...We measured our course Thursday before we went to the Annual RSS Ft. Worth Pool Function...The course had an extra .35 mile on it... The recruiters admitted to knowing this! (to scare you into working out more, so i didn't tell anyone else even though they noticed when they ran their 1.5 mile) The course is a very mean hill as well...

This April the 16th I ran the course at the JRB Ft. Worth (very flat) in a competetion and ran it in 10:20...I felt like superman while I was running it because I had never ran the IST that fast at the RS. Out of 3 hundred (up to maybe 350) people I finished in the top 40.