PDA

View Full Version : Brave Marine

Angel
03-22-05, 09:34 AM
This was forwarded to me in an email by a Marine and I thought it was worth sharing:

THE BRAVERY OF OUR FELLOW MARINE

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/ooangelxladieoo/marine1.jpg

During hostile action in Iraq, a Marine is hit and wounded and this brave Marine comes to his aid while taking hostile fire.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/ooangelxladieoo/marine2.jpg

A second Marine comes to the rescue and is struck by an enemy round.

Angel
03-22-05, 09:36 AM
Cont.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/ooangelxladieoo/marine3.jpg

In the attempt to evacuate the wounded Marine, the Marine to the left is fatally struck again by enemy fire and falls to the ground.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/ooangelxladieoo/marine4.jpg

This sad photo shows two of our brave brothers lying motionless on the ground. The Marine on the right will survive, but sadly the Marine on the left who came to rescue his fellow Marine would not survive.

These are the images you will not see on CNN, but as hard as they may be to look at, it is important to see them as Marines to honor them, and to be filled with a sense of honor and respect for those brave men who have fallen and for those who would unselfishly risk their own lives for their fellow Marines. Please say a prayer for all of our troops, and pass this on so that others may see the honor and bravery of our brothers in action.

Osotogary
03-22-05, 09:45 AM
Geezus H. Kheerist! If this series of photos doesn't move you nothing else will. Thank you for sharing this series of emotional photographs- they were stirring, to say the least. A prayer is certainly on the way. Damnnn!

Nagalfar
03-22-05, 09:48 AM
More than enough to make you feel guilty just sitting and looking at them..

Patty_McOorah
03-22-05, 11:44 AM
I got this email also, and halfway through reading it, I deleted it. I couldn't look at it. I cant bear to see my brothers on the groud taking what could be their last breaths. I am sure I will receive a lot of hate mail for this, but I really wish that you had not posted this. Just in respect of those who had fallen. May they rest in peace, and hopefully one day I will be able to belly up the bar with them at the big Tun Tavern in the sky.

Pel
03-22-05, 11:52 AM
The guy from shot 3 standing up is he on the ground next to the guy on the far left in shot 4? or where did he go? Honor Courage Commitment, God Bless the Marine Corps.

Pel

MillRatUSMC
03-22-05, 11:54 AM
One question on the photos, why is that small building in blue?
Is it being use as a referance point?
So we might know that those photos were shot from a different angle.
Now another question;
Who took those photos?
It was done under-fire.
Regardless may our fallen Marine brother Rest IN Peace, in God's name we pray.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

PS
Who would sent E-Mail such as this?

Angel
03-22-05, 12:12 PM
I do not know who took these pictures but a friend of mine who is stationed in Iwakuni had received it from his Gunny and he forwarded it to everyone on his mailing list.. however on the bottom of the pictures there are some imprints or text on it.. I really couldn't make it out..

Osotogary
03-22-05, 12:22 PM
Ricardo,
No doubt about it, the pictures are very moving but once you get past that process the dissecting of the photo begins. It is odd to see a blue building amongst the black/white/grayscale background. Point of reference? It seems as though the photographer was moving right to left based on the position of the blue shack but I could be wrong. There is a .com address on the lower left hand corner of the photograghs. I can't pick up what .com address it is but the rest says - 3 US SOLDIERS SHOT- 1 FATALLY HIT. (it doesn't say Marine) ???? I wonder who sent it myself. Bless the fallen. May they rest in peace.

sm@@thrider
03-22-05, 12:40 PM
And this is the reason we should say to hell with the rules that we are killing them ragheads and just blow them up. Too many of our troops are going down cause of them, I will be glad when I go back over there, NO HOLDING BACK NEXT TIME! SF

Osotogary
03-22-05, 01:02 PM
I found a magnifying glass and made out a name for the .com. The name is OGRISH.COM. I went to the google search engine and tried OGRISH. Darn if there isn't a OGRISH.COM. That site specializes in photos from Iraq that would include photos of accidents, beheading etc., etc. I didn't enter the site but this could be a start as far as finding out where the photos originated.
OGRISH.COM doesn't seem to be for the sqeamish.

Osotogary
03-22-05, 07:16 PM
Update on photo/pictures.
I entered this website, clicked Archives, clicked Iraq. The pictures/photos are dated, according to the archive, December 19, 2004.

Warning! I know that we are all adults but this website is uncomfortable to navigate and the subject matter and available weblinks will, for the most part..in some way, be offensive.

david fox
03-22-05, 09:52 PM
God bless these fallen brothers. My son has just been stationed with the 1st Marines in 29 Palms and no doubt will be tasked to serve in Iraq. I know that if he were wounded a fellow brother would come to the rescue makes this 22 year Coastie vet proud.
Marines serve with a true warriors heart!

iroc3000cc
03-23-05, 04:05 PM
definately Marines in the pics. check out the cammys, blousing, and boots

Marine_Gunner63
03-23-05, 04:31 PM
good point iroc. Marines are the only ones who take the time to blouse.

CrazyBrave83
03-23-05, 05:03 PM
Yeah, they're most definitely Marines...

The only explanation I have for the coloring of the photographs is perhaps product of the filetype or transfer of the photo itself...it looks like it's in 16-Color...note that not only that building is blue but most everything else is washed out and gray.

I could assume either it was posted this way due to the fact that a 32-bit photo takes up more bandwith or that it makes the Desert Diggies easier to see when everything is gray as opposed to beige, perhaps.

Regardless, my heart and support go out to the troops.

I'd say "Semper Fi" but I don't rate, so a 'God Bless' will do.