PDA

View Full Version : I Dont Think This is Right!!!!

p8ntballsnipr1
03-10-05, 06:30 PM
below is a link to a web page with information about a US Marine who killed 2 terrorists in fear for his own life, now being charged with premeditated murders on April 15, 2005 I dont feel this is...

iroc3000cc
03-10-05, 07:25 PM
yeah that is really f-d up i hope he gets all charges dropped because it is such bs

LivinSoFree
03-10-05, 07:29 PM
1. The story's not new... this has been developing for some time now.

2. While the basic story is correct, I'd advise you to find a more... credible news source. A quick glance over the "Newsmax" page reveals this one to be pretty d*mn extreme... pride and emotions are all fine and good, but not in a reputable news source.

3. From what I have read, this is a bad situation. Personally I'm not sure who I'm siding with yet on this one: I'm gonna wait for the investigation results. Neither you nor I were there on the ground when it happened, and at this point, as much as we'd like to believe it's one way or another, none of us really knows.

Poolee- you're obviously motivated, hey, that's good to go. But what will save your tail time and time again is the ability to stow the emotions and look at the situation from the facts. It's easy to get worked up over something, but if it clouds your judgement at the wrong time, it WILL cause you serious pain. Step back, take a breath, and consider what we know to have actually happened. The true leader will keep a cool head- that'll save your tail every time.

Underleft
03-11-05, 02:27 PM
I agree. Everybody believes that every Marine is an outstanding person. As much as I would like to believe that the truth is that it's just not true. There some Marines I have met that I don't like at all. I'v had Marines steal my gear. But on the other hand there are a lot of outstanding Marines out there and thats what you should strive to be because you are given all the tools to be that Marine. It's also a good Idea to keep yourself around those Marines. My point is that just because a sombody is a Marine doesn't mean that they are the worlds most honest and greatest person.

p8ntballsnipr1
03-11-05, 09:16 PM
but the part wat i dont get is that they sent a man off to war to fight for his country, in return he killed 2 iraqis, IN FEAR FOR HIS OWN LIFE and then they are charging him with premed. murder, and it was a year ago!!

im not really mad about the whole thing, but its just a bit difficult to understand

CrazyBrave83
03-12-05, 07:39 AM
I agree with both sides on this one, if that's even possible.

By that I mean...

It's understood that Marines are human beings just like anyone else, they're not infallable and perfect, so to view them as such (although in line with the Warrior Ethos) is somewhat unrealistic. I believe Marines are a cut above other people but that doesn't make everything they do perfect.

On that token, this Marine could've made a very poor decision, which not only reflects negatively on him but on the entire Warfighting effort.

The other side of things is the current situation in America where it seems it's better to attack our own than support them. I (along with many other civillians) understand that combat is a completely different world where unspeakable things occur. I also, hand in hand, understand that we as a nation afford Marines, Soldiers, and all manner of ground-pounders special privilige to make combat decisions.

So it's somewhat difficult to say this man was wrong because the only people who know for sure were down in the dirt with him.

The unfortunate factor of it all is that war is very much a political machine, so in times such as these everything is under close scrutiny.

Lorix
03-12-05, 09:20 AM
Are you sure you don't mean 2004, otherwise you're predicting the future!

But yeah, I think it's wrong, though I probably should read the article first...lol.

p8ntballsnipr1
03-12-05, 02:10 PM
yea i ment 2004 i noticed the typo after i entered it, oops? lol

cowgurl_Marine
03-13-05, 01:39 PM
I don't know much about it. Being a cousin of a Marine who is over in Iraq this monment for the 3rd ture, and a Poolee ready to be a Marine, i don't really think it is not right to Charge a soldier...

p8ntballsnipr1
03-13-05, 02:49 PM
Marines here bud, there are Soldiers here, but Marines all the same...

Cant wait till I bear the title. I want it, and I WILL earn it soon enough

muck
03-13-05, 06:00 PM
Marine charged in killing of Iraqis <br />
<br />
<br />
By Rowan Scarborough <br />
THE WASHINGTON TIMES <br />
<br />
He is the kind of Marine officer who seems to come off the assembly line, so patriotic that he rejoined the...

muck
03-13-05, 06:02 PM
From www.military.com <br />
<br />
The Marine Corps has issued what seems to be conflicting statements on the legal status of an officer who fatally shot two Iraqis, leading his attorney to contend commanders...

muck
03-13-05, 06:04 PM
So where is the fitness report for the so called discruntled JACKA** that started this bull sh*t??? <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Fitness Reports: <br />
<br />
Conclusions of Marine Second Lieutenant Ilario Pantano’s official...

muck
03-13-05, 06:05 PM
Witness says accused Marine ordered Iraqis to stop <br />
<br />
<br />
By Rowan Scarborough <br />
THE WASHINGTON TIMES <br />
<br />
An eyewitness to the killing of two Iraqis by Marine Corps 2nd Lt. Ilario Pantano says in a sworn...

p8ntballsnipr1
03-14-05, 09:35 PM
i have a friend in school that is helpin me with a donation drive for the family, i heard they need the money for a defense lawyer?