PDA

View Full Version : Visitor's Policies..

Angel
02-23-05, 10:17 AM
Hello..
Well I was just wondering if any Marines could help me out on this one... Is there an actual visiting policy when you go visit a Marines' Corp base and how long could you actually stay on the base without any millitary ID?

alanUSMCDEP03
02-23-05, 12:16 PM
they usually give u a 1 day visitors pass, depends on the base. As far as visiting a Marine in the barracks, they have a different visiting policy for that.

Angel
02-23-05, 01:30 PM
Thanks alot Alan but what if they are oversea and wants to visit them a lil bit over a month.. is there a way you could stay on base for over a month?

LivinSoFree
02-23-05, 01:36 PM
I would suggest checkning the base website... they'll be able to provide more specific information.

Angel
02-23-05, 01:41 PM
I had already checked the base website before but they didn't have any information regarding visitors.. They have informations regarding families and housings.. but thanks LivinSoFree

chezzplayr05
02-23-05, 01:45 PM
Are you a spy?

chezzplayr05
02-23-05, 01:48 PM
Where overseas do you want to visit and why didnt you specify that it was an overseas base in your FIRST post? Just wondering.

lprkn
02-23-05, 01:50 PM
If you're visiting a certain person, then they should be able to find out what you need to do. If you're not visiting someone, why would you want to go on base anyway?

Angel
02-23-05, 01:51 PM
Ooh Sorry.. Sometimes I just give too much information and sometimes I just give to less information... It was just kind of a reaction type of thing.. I want to visit Iwakuni, Japan...

chezzplayr05
02-23-05, 01:55 PM
lprkn,

This thread is odd isn't it. Something very fishy going on here.

Angel
02-23-05, 01:58 PM
Yes, I'm going to visit a Marine on base.. However, I heard that in some bases you have to be a family member to stay on base, so I wasn't quite so sure.. Sorry for the confusion.

chezzplayr05
02-23-05, 02:00 PM
who did you hear that from? (about the bases)

Angel
02-23-05, 02:04 PM
I want to go visit my BF in Iwakuni, Japan... but while he was in his MOS school in Meridian, Ms. his friend had a visitor over but it has to be a family member... So I was jw if the rules still apply before I head my way over there.

lprkn
02-23-05, 02:06 PM
Do you live in Japan? Or are you traveling to Japan? Really, the best source of info is your friend who you're going to visit. If he's an idiot, then the base should have a general info line you can call or something. You're really asking the wrong people, unless one of us is actually stationed at Iwakuni. Otherwise, you won't be getting the straight dope.

law_student
02-23-05, 02:09 PM
I spent three years over in Okinawa. My wife, then girlfriend, came over for about two weeks. I took leave for the entire time. A family member, even a spouse, wouldn't be authorized to stay in the barracks. However, there are affordable hotels on or near all the bases. You don't have to be a family member to stay at base hotels. They are designed for Marines that are changing stations and need temporary housing; so, I think you need a military ID to make reservations and check in. You may even need leave orders, that's something for your Marine to check on. I think Camp Foster, on Okinawa, has an affordable hotel. The only thing is, it can be tough to get rooms sometimes. I planned her trip over six months in advance and was lucky to get a room. So the earlier you plan, the better.

lprkn
02-23-05, 02:11 PM
He should have some kind of liberty. He could meet you off base, then bring you on. If you have a US driver's license or ID card, you should be okay. At least for the day. But as law student said, I think the best course of action would be for him to take leave, and you to stay at a hotel.

Angel
02-23-05, 02:12 PM
I'm traveling to Japan. hmm sorry.. maybe it was the wrong place to ask.. I just thought that each base would have similar guidelines to visiting policies that was all.. but sorry for the confusion... :)

Angel
02-23-05, 02:14 PM
OO I was just planning to stay in a hotel on board of base but I just wanted to know how long could i stay on base with permission that was all..

lprkn
02-23-05, 02:22 PM
Your boyfriend can give you the answers you need, if he's on the ball.

greensideout
02-23-05, 02:50 PM
How did I end up on a travel agency site? LOL

Angel
02-23-05, 02:57 PM
LOL

GunnyL
02-23-05, 03:29 PM
I think that everybody whose posted has pointed you in the right direction, your boyfriend needs to do this groundwork because he is on the base and can check on the availability of accomodations, he can also check with the command to clarify the current security situation and visitor restriction for MCAS Iwakuni.

Unless he has the leave time, a month may be a little too long. You really should do some advanced planning and make it a shorter trip.

The military has a beautiful hotel in Tokyo called the New Sanno, your boyfriend can check on room availability for your trip time and you'll have a much better time in Tokyo than you will in Iwakuni. Also, Japan is very expensive so you'd better have a nice bankroll when you make the trip or you're going to find yourself short in a quick way.

Best of Luck,

GunnyL

hrscowboy
02-23-05, 05:14 PM
you dont need to go to japan and mess that Marines mind up...stay home and save money and wait for him to come home on leave and then go to the virgin islands...

greensideout
02-23-05, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by hrscowboy
you dont need to go to japan and mess that Marines mind up...stay home and save money and wait for him to come home on leave and then go to the virgin islands...

Excellent advice cowboy!

lprkn
02-25-05, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by hrscowboy

Or maybe you don't need to go to Japan and have your mind messed up.

;)

Lorix
02-26-05, 09:49 AM
You sure you rather not wait 'til he returns? Just wondering Angel, are you planning on sneaking up on him, or is he in the loop about your little trip over?

Wouldn't that be weird if he lied to you about when he was coming home, so he could surprise you, you show up there trying to surpise him, at the same time, he comes to your empty house trying to surprise you...lol. Never know!
;)

Old Marine
02-26-05, 09:58 AM
Some bases have what they call Hostess Houses. Why don't you ask you boy friend, since he is the one you are going to visit?

Old Marine
02-26-05, 10:01 AM
Maybe your boyfriend will introduce you to one of the KO sisters.

Sgted
02-26-05, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Old Marine
Maybe your boyfriend will introduce you to one of the KO sisters.

Hey Old Marine......You went out with one of the KO sisters too ??
Big family.
So did I !!:D

hrscowboy
02-26-05, 12:10 PM
dang them KO sisters must really get around i think i dated 4 of them ...

Amanda
02-26-05, 03:43 PM
angel, you go visit him!! After all he is your boyfriend, correct? why NOT? If he cares for you then he will enjoy your company and be happy to see you. But when around his buddies he may not be all romantic. : ) Just a guy thing, especially Marine thing I've noticed! : )

greensideout
02-26-05, 06:11 PM
This thread keeps evolving!

It has gone from a travel agency to---

an opinion column for good relationships to---

to the psycological and behavioral patterns of Marines as it pertains to their romance and breeding.

WHAT NEXT?