PDA

View Full Version : Sharing is Caring

keli
02-12-05, 12:55 PM
Any Marines willing to help some poolees out? I heard there are secrets to boot camp. Any surprises we might encounter, or advice on how to get through the obsticles (obsticle cources, crucible, etc.), anything to help out success? Sharing is caring, hehe!

:banana:

Master Sephiroth
02-12-05, 01:18 PM
I'm no Marine, but I've been in contact with a Captain named Jason Grose. He told me that you should be in decent physical shape, but do not try to prepare yourself mentally, or you'll just give the Drill Instructors another reason to reprimand you.They want to put you in a state of confusion.

A Marine can explain better

jinelson
02-12-05, 02:56 PM
Keli you are absolutly correct caring is sharing. So I will share this with you, do what a Marine would do and research the archieves of Poolee Hall and Marine Mentor. You will find every concievable question you may have has been answered. Then if you have one that hasent be sure to ask the Marines on this site. I wish you the best in your quest to be one of the few and my brother.

alanUSMCDEP03
02-12-05, 03:22 PM
You don't need any secrets to get thru bootcamp, just mental toughness and a strong will to succeed.

jo1753
02-13-05, 09:07 AM
If you're looking for little tips as to how to make it thru boot. With the lest amount of trouble.......jinelson is correct. I personally haven't dug thru the poolee archives. But being an ole jarhead that I am......I sure can't tell you some things that will set a Drill Instructor on end.

#1.....never look one in the eyes........instead look thru them...!!
they hate it ........it gives them the impression you feel your equal to them. And they feel you've not yet earned it.

#2..... never call the a DI..........always refer to them as the drill instructor...........or Senior Drill instructor. Remember in the Marine Corps.......titles mean everything...Especially during boot camp.

#3....Never refer to yourself as" I "...........you are the privete....
also never call them " YOU ". always refer back to #2.

Try to learn Marine/navy terms it will help you out during boot camp............Remember this.........graduation day comes around. They will only be one Marine in formation wearing dressblues. It's up to you who that will be. It looks da*n good going to school and your 1st duty with that in your SRB...!!!

My point to this is...........learn as much how.........because you are not only trying to make it thru boot camp, instead your going to be competing amongst others for top platoon honors, that will definatly show up in your SRB." Service Record Book "

Pay attention to the small stuff.........The Drill Instructors sure will.
And remember..........They are doing their jobs. They have to make d*mn sure you have what it takes to wear the uniform. And this is where the " confusion " comes in...!!!

Ultimately..........like everyone who has come before you.......You're being trained for combat. Believe me their is no other single word that can explain to someone how combat can be then " confusion "...........Good luck to you..........I just scratch the surface of what you need, but I do hope this helps out....Semper-Fi

Lorix
02-15-05, 05:06 PM
That's some good advice!

HardJedi
02-16-05, 12:09 PM
want some free advice? Learn everything like its a matter of life and death, because it is.

On the flip side, do not take any insults or anything else for that matter personaly. As in if you are singled out alot for messing up, don't start telling yourself that the DI hates you. He does not. He is only trying to get you to pay attention and do things right the first time.