PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions

Iheartthecorps
02-03-05, 05:28 PM
Hello all, just wondering if anyone has that "For Country" commercial on the site. Ive tried downloading it but the link gives me an error message. I believe ive seen this one on the television before...if its what i think it is then its a good one.
If you do have this file could you please send me it (ForTheCorps@aol.com)

Also instead of making two threads ill just ask here aswell.
I know that I definitely am going to join the Marines. However I am worried about getting a college education. I was thinking of doing a few years of active duty (if i make it through or atleast die trying) then switching to reserve so I can get a better education. So do you guys have any advice on what I should do?
Just wondering what kind of civilian work you guys do for those that have returned to that life and if you had trouble getting a job for those that didn't do college. Any replies would be helpful

CAR
02-03-05, 05:50 PM
On Q-1 .. don't have it but hang tight I'm sure someone here can get you set up.

Q-2 : You have plenty of options. The Corps certainly does not discourage education but your "job" within the Corps may make it difficult for you to go to school full time or part time for that matter. You can however squeeze classes in and start working on college courses while on active duty. If you chose to go 4 active then go reserves while at college, just as good. That's what I did and it works out Ok. At times it get a little tough especially if you are extrememly active with your reserve unit as I was. But all in all it works. The best benefit is that when you get to college you'll be more mature. That made it hard to keep my mouth shut in some of these liberal classes, but it also made it more fun to set the tree hugging instructor straight. Either way looks good. Ya may go active and not want to go to reserves.

HardJedi
02-03-05, 06:00 PM
Hey CAR? why bother keeping your mouth shut? I sure never do in school :D

CAR
02-03-05, 06:27 PM
I guess I didn't. I sat in the front row with 4 other Marines in this "Hippies" class, he didn't even give grades. Out 0f about 200 students 20-30 showed up every day ( 5 of them were Marines) It made my day to give him hell.

yellowwing
02-03-05, 06:50 PM
...fun to set the tree hugging instructor straight.
You and the hippie instructor are both Tree Huggers, CAR.

The difference is that we've fought for the Tree of Liberty! :marine:

Semper Fidelis

Iheartthecorps
02-03-05, 07:07 PM
Thank you for the link...it was the commercial I was thinking of and it certainly motivated me. If only they played it on the tv more often if they even still air it. Anyway thanks again and thanks for those who replied/will reply with opinions on college.

Can always count on the Marines to come through :marine: :marine: :marine: