PDA

View Full Version : Fund these 2 things while surfing the net

booksbenji
01-31-05, 09:49 PM
:marine:

They (Women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines."

(Lieutenant General Thomas Holcomb, USMC 1943.)

I was married to a former WM. I still love her and gotta a cursing 'cause some dippy male jarhead called her and 2 friends the "B" word (it was not _itch). However 2 quick fists and a knee to the legs got proper response from some young punks. :rambo:

Semper Fi
MARINES

hear's the other:

A friend ask me if these a WM band? I said "Yes in WWII and for a short time thereafter. I remember that a Woman's Military band played at the TEXAS State fair this year (2004), so I did a little researching and came up with this:

FREE A MARINE TO FIGHT (http://www.nps.gov/wapa/indepth/extContent/usmc/pcn-190-003129-00/index.htm)

Enjoy!!

Arlene Horton
01-31-05, 10:45 PM
booksbenji...Thank you so very much for submitting that thread. It brought back lots of good memories for this old Woman Marine. The information about the uniforms & the pictures were so memorable and so great! How well I remember those "peanut suits". Not very fashionable but really useful for "field days". They were much cooler than utility uniforms and during the first days of Boot Camp. Semper Fi.... Arlene