PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Inspection, Throws, and Ceremony

RifleDrill457
01-22-05, 05:04 PM
I have researched the topics of Rifle Drill, as well as basic Drill and Ceremony, on the forums and have found a great deal of useful information. However, most of it revolves around the Silent Drill Platoon and their activities throughout the country, as well as at 8th & 'I'.

I am a State Trooper and a member of our 20-member Honor Guard. I am looking for rifle drill & ceremony, as well as rifle throws, inspection drills, and the like. I haven't found any training aids, videos, instruction manuals, etc. for these things and am hoping you may have some fresh ideas for me.

We use Marine Corps D & C as the basis for our movements, but I am looking for more detailed instruction in Rifle Movements and Inspections. Thanks for your time!

Semper Gumby,

RD457

thedrifter
01-22-05, 05:40 PM
Welcome Aboard to the Best Marine Site on the net. Also welcome to your home away from home................
We have a great crew of Marines in here from WW II to the present............
Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile.........

"AGAIN WELCOME ABOARD."

Ellie

lucien2
01-22-05, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by RifleDrill457
I have researched the topics of Rifle Drill, as well as basic Drill and Ceremony, on the forums and have found a great deal of useful information. However, most of it revolves around the Silent Drill Platoon and their activities throughout the country, as well as at 8th & 'I'.

I am a State Trooper and a member of our 20-member Honor Guard. I am looking for rifle drill & ceremony, as well as rifle throws, inspection drills, and the like. I haven't found any training aids, videos, instruction manuals, etc. for these things and am hoping you may have some fresh ideas for me.

We use Marine Corps D & C as the basis for our movements, but I am looking for more detailed instruction in Rifle Movements and Inspections. Thanks for your time!

Semper Gumby,

RD457

Semper gumby? What does that mean?

LivinSoFree
01-22-05, 07:26 PM
Semper Gumby- "Always Flexible"

Sgtj
01-22-05, 07:31 PM
Not sure I can be of any assistance but I was at 8th and I for 4 years as well as the Silent Drill Platoon. My email is krjollyjr@hotmail.com

yellowwing
01-22-05, 10:13 PM
Perfect 6'2" automatons. Th rest of us are envious!

RifleDrill457
01-23-05, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll send out PM's, rather than take up space here.

Again, thank you!

RD457