PDA

View Full Version : Bad Boy Pacers?

snipowsky
11-20-04, 05:10 AM
I think they need to rename my home team the "Bad Boys" of the NBA. Anyone see that melee in the Detroit/Indiana game? If you didn't, what rock have you been living under?

I just have to say my favorite part of the whole "incident" is when Ron Artest and Jermaine O'Neal both connect with the Detroit fan who thinks he's a hard ass and tries to step up to Ron Artest but gets his ass kicked. This is something you can cheerish with continually repeating it. Already it's being called the biggest brawl in sports history. Basket brawl anyone? Comments?

This link below is for footage if you haven't seen it! Don't forget if you can't get enough there is a 10 second replay button for your entertainment and enjoyment. Hope you like! GO PACERS!

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/motion/showcase/index?videos=1927343

Lock-n-Load
11-20-04, 08:30 AM
:marine: Spinowsky....Aside for this latest outbreak last nite...undue violence has been going on in the National Basketball League for several years, and it's getting out of order now..for the life of me, why do we pay outrageous prices to see these disgruntled MILLIONAIRES act like hooligans in the street gutters??...I only surf through any NBA game...I could care less if the league blows up...suddenly the National Football League had a major brawl last week...what's up with these MILLIONAIRE dolts??...I much prefer all TV college sports now. :marine:

benny rutledge
11-20-04, 09:59 AM
I hope you don't admire these wanna-be Millionaire thugs Spinowsky.I agree with Lock-n-Load,I too surf through and past any Hockey or Basketball game for something more(dare I say it?)
"Educational".The only reason I saw this crap was I watch WDIV Ch 4 (NBC) for news at 11.The news ran till' 1215 hrs just so everyone could have their say and opinion.Heres their site,
WWW.clickondetroit.com.
These thugs are not worth a fraction of what they are paid,their egos and paychecks are why most Dad's can't afford to take their kids to a Ball game.
If you had attended this game last night with your kid,how would you have explained the conduct of these punks to him or her?
Myself,I was watching "Third Watch" broadcast out of Toledo.Any time WDIV puts on a Pistons or Red Wing game I start channel surfing for more Adult entertainment

snipowsky
11-20-04, 06:23 PM
Now I don't admire them at all. I just think it's hilarious when profesionals act like little children. I find it very entertaining I won't lie about that. I would never pay to see these idiots bounce a ball around and throw it through a hoop. Only sporting events I frequent anymore are NFL games, other then that I could care less about the NBA, MLB, NHL or any other professional sports league for that matter.

This isn't good for our children to be seeing adults acting in this manner because it gives them the idea it is ok to act in this highly unprofessional manner. What can I do about it? All I can do is laugh about it and say what idiots! I'm actually disappointed the Pacers players weren't men enough to just walk away and chalk it up. I guess paybacks are more important these days. It's all about ego with them as benny stated.

http://64.132.144.218/~nfactdc/Logo.gif

Doc Crow
11-20-04, 10:41 PM
Well in my opinion the fans got what was coming to them. I am tired of fans throwing **** at players and coach's and security not being able to handle it. I have seen it in Hockey and in Baseball last year fans came on the field after a coach. Fans are fans and should never be involved in this crap. You throw anything at a player of coach and you deserve to get your ass beat. Last week after West Virginia lost to Boston College WV Head coach's wife was coming out of the Suite that she and her husband get and was accosted by drunks who threatened her with physical violance. Some unknow guy stood up for her and smacked the guy. At no time should a coach or his family be threatended with physical harm over a loss

snipowsky
11-21-04, 01:08 AM
Well said Doc. I totally agree. Once again it's all about pride and ego. Someone's team lost and their pride and ego was hurt, so they had to lash out at the opposing side. So typical these days. I think the fan who was throwing drinks on players deserved to get beat down. Can't say I blame the player for reacting like that, but sometimes you just have to be the bigger man. As we all know that is sometimes easier said then done.

Osotogary
11-21-04, 05:55 AM
All I know is that there were pictures of a child crying and that alone shows what alot of sports have come to especially when adults have anything to do with them.

snipowsky
11-21-04, 11:26 PM
Hit where it hurts <br />
<br />
by Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports <br />
November 21, 2004 <br />
<br />
The Pacers' roster is in ruins. Their season may not be far behind. <br />
<br />
NBA commissioner David Stern lowered the boom...

braeden
11-22-04, 02:08 PM
here is what the NBA has come down with:

http://www.myweb.cableone.net/technopheliacs/suspended.jpg

snipowsky
11-22-04, 02:21 PM
What the heck did Reggie Miller even do? He was trying to defuse the situation and he didn't even enter the stands! David Stern might as well be the NBA Nazi. Burn them all! Just like Hitler did the Jews! He burned them all! Pathetic!

MillRatUSMC
11-22-04, 02:36 PM
Let me lay this on all of you;
The mighty NBA sure did take a beating this past Olympics by other nation's, Olympic national teams that play more "team work" than the might NBA.
The NBA players had to work to salvage a "Bronze Medal".
Could all this be laying on all these players minds.
Because now the fans see them for what they always were.
Selfish and self-centered individuals, with no team concept...all "Me" nothing about "Team"...
Add to that mix, booze by the fans, than the foolish act of shoving Detroit Piston player in the back with 45 seconds left in a game that the Pacers had already won.
That had to be the height of foolishness...

<marquee behavior=scroll direction=left loop=infinite><font color=red size=+1"><b> " "Admission of ignorance is the beginning of wisdom." ~ Anonymous ~ "Tell that to Ron Artest!</b></font></marquee>

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

snipowsky
11-22-04, 02:39 PM
MillRatUSMC once again you speak with wisdom Sir!

braeden
11-22-04, 02:54 PM
true on all aspects, but we are also getting players straight out of highschool, flashing millions of dollars in front of their eyes, and locking them in to a 7 year guaranteed contract. which basically instills in them the idea that I am invaluable, I can do whatever the hell I want.......like Artest's 'Hey coach, can I have a month off to promote my new hip-hop cd?' crap. Guess he'll get a whole year off. You know what is really sad, is there was a six year old boy there who was crying because he was scared to death. It's ridiculous that these 'athlete's' get paid what they do and then act like that. I understand that this is the classic 'one bad apple' situation, but still.

onlyamarine
11-22-04, 03:55 PM
I am not taking sides on this at all. If Artest would of had some bearing and tact, he should of walked away or left the court. I admire the rest of his players for coming to his aide. That is what a brother would do. If I got into trouble a Marine would aide me as I would him. I think the players should of stayed on the court instead of going into the crowd. Artest started in on a guy who did not throw the beer. The guy holding him back threw it and was giving him cheap shots. I believe if the fan comes on the floor and towards him with hidden tendancies, then he has every right to defend himself. They make millions of dollars, they get paid enough to deal with stupid stuff like this. The NBA has created a bunch of money hungry players that play for the money and NOT THE LOVE OF THE GAME!!!!!!!! This is the problem.

Just remember that Detroit are the NBA Champions, and it is a rivalry like the Detroit Redwings and the Colorado Avalanche. Emotions and EGO get caught up into it.

snipowsky
11-25-04, 06:48 AM
http://www.creators.com/1121/gv/gv1123g.gif

DSchmitke
11-25-04, 07:05 AM
Artest is nothing but a thug plain an simple.

Toby M
11-25-04, 05:59 PM
A lot of these so called athletes come from the streets and just because some college is hungry for attention, they over look some basic things like honor and integrity and take them in. Their behavior escalates in some cases-sometimes they change but rarely does anything at that level make a big enough difference to make them want to be better men. (I say men because this type of boorish behavior and violence rarely happens among women.) The hunger for money puts these athletes above everyone else and allows for this unacceptable behavior! Thus, the Artest' of the world...Just one man's opinion...