PDA

View Full Version : Desert Storm

NamGrunt68
06-25-02, 07:51 AM
Now there's another good one for the History Books. "Desert Storm"....my take on it is simple.....We send our Bro's and Bro'ettes over there to that God Forsaken land to fight for the "Oil Barons" and to Kick Some Serious Saddam Azz !!! They go over, do their duty, get shot up, get bio chemicaled up, Kick Saddams Butt big time....Come back home and have to fight a new War with our own Governments VA system in order to get the benefits Our Government has promised them....and the end result is....Saddam is still running that Craphole, the People we were defending over there like Kuwait, Saudia Arabia, have now turned there backs on us because they don't like us killing the Ragheads !!!! DUH !! DUH !! DUH !! DUH !!

GOD BLESS ALL YOU BRO'S AND BRO'ETTES THAT WENT OVER THERE AND DID YOUR DUTY !!! YOU FOUGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AND YOU WON THE BATTLES !!! THE GOV'T LOST THE WAR FOR YOU !! SOUND FAMILIAR......REMEMBER THE 60'S ????

gylancaster
07-08-02, 07:20 AM
I agree with you on that one bro. I know because I am one of those vets that has been fighting w/the VA since 1992 and I still haven't got anywhere execpt that the VA doctors at the Tulsa Outpatient Clinic got to meet the mad Gunny up close and personnal. What the sad part is that the US gov't brought 1100 Iraqi EPWs (POW) back and gave them the keys to the US and when us Vets try to get something done we get the shaft and that is pure ol BULLSH!T!!!!!!!! I went through the perisan gulf exam and they found that I have lost 45% of my lung capacity due to the fires and the skin problem and I was hosiptallized for 3 days due to a back injury and I have been diagonised w/herniated disc in the lwr back by the VA and my civilian Dr. but they will not recognize that. I know they brought the gooks back from Nam in the mid 70s and they gave those little slant eyed bastards the keys also. Maybe I should of served in the enemies marines or armed forces and then I could of got the key to the US as it is apparent that is the only way you can get any compensation for injuries a Marine or any Armed Services member suffered over there in the big litter box. Semper Fi Bro. GyLancaster (Ray)

NamGrunt68
07-08-02, 10:56 AM
the mouth of a truck driver

CplSoria
08-04-02, 03:19 PM
I know how you bro's feel. I've been fighting the VA since I got out in '96. Everytime I talk to one of those civilian pogues at the VA they act is if they're being bothered and it's their money and benefits I'm asking for. I've had three operations which have left me unable to go back to work and in all their wisdom they have decided to give me 10% and $78 a month for loss of a limb. I am now living in the lap of luxury with the $183 I get every month. Drinks are on me devil dogs.

CAS3
08-05-02, 06:52 AM
You all need to know the system...Get a Veteran service representative and make sure he/she knows what they are talking about. If not, go on line and read 38CFR and 38 USC....

virwar
08-06-02, 09:39 PM
Hello Devil Dogs. This is my maiden post on Leatherneck.com. I must say it's nice place. Anyway, back to the thread. My take on Desert Storm from the beginning is that we (USA) lost the war. My feeling is that we were not allowed to do our jobs, which is to kill the enemy- saddum is still in power and we've had to go back since then. Our troops get to come home and suffer from all kinds of grizzly sh!t and be told it's nothing. I for one probably need to go to the VA, but I don't because I keep hearing one story after another, such as the above posts. I don't think I can handle being called a liar or be fed a spoonfull of BS without grabbing somebody's throat. Anyway my sufferings are nowhere near as bad as some of that of my buddies. Semper Fi all. Congrats on the nice sight OOH-RAH!!!:alien:

arzach
08-06-02, 10:39 PM
GOD BLESS ALL YOU BRO'S AND BRO'ETTES THAT WENT OVER THERE AND DID YOUR DUTY !!! YOU FOUGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AND YOU WON THE BATTLES !!! THE GOV'T LOST THE WAR FOR YOU !! SOUND FAMILIAR......REMEMBER THE 60'S ????[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey Daner---different time zone--(era)---same damn result---it'll never change---WW2---Korea--- The Nam---Grenada---Panama----The Storm---and not to mention the BS in Beirut----Raghaids---Ramphaids---what's da diff?----none