PDA

View Full Version : Introduction And Prayer Request

Kristen
06-09-04, 12:15 PM
My name is Kristen and the love of my life is currently deployed in Iraq. He is a SSgt with the 1st LAR. On June 7th, his unit lost another Marine. Here is the notice:

Lance Cpl. Jeremy L. Bohlman, 21, of Sioux Falls, S.D., died June 7 from hostile action in Al Anbar Province, Iraq. He was assigned to 1st Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

Prior to this, two vehicles were hit by land mines and ten men suffered injuries. It's been a rough week, a rough 3 months, and I guess I'm reaching out to find others that have been going through this. I stand by our Marines no matter what! I love my Abe and his brothers VERY much. However, there are days when you have to grasp every rope to hang on. I truly pray for his unit and the unit of the Cpl under him at SOI, 2/4, that has lost fathers that have never seen their unborn children. I know they are doing their job and would not want it any other way but my heart goes out to their families, their friends, and especially the unit! As a retired GySgt once put it, "When you are sent in to drain the swamp and you are attacked by crocodiles and alligators - it's hard to remember the original mission was to drain the swamp". Amen to that and God bless!

HardJedi
06-09-04, 12:27 PM
Welcome, and my hopes and thoughts are alway's with our brothers over there, and everywhere else in the world. Semper Fi'

snipowsky
06-09-04, 12:29 PM
You've got my prayers already! God bless him and all my brothers in Iraq, Afghanistan, and around the globe. I wish they'd all come home NOW!

And yes GOD BLESS ALL OUR TROOPS!

Semper Fi,

Mike

thedrifter
06-09-04, 12:30 PM
God Bless All Our Troops

Ellie

Kristen
06-09-04, 01:14 PM
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! This will be over soon!

USMCWifeNMom
06-09-04, 02:17 PM
What a handsome couple ...

Prayers and best of warm wishes to you, Kristen, and to all of our brave men and women in uniform. God speed their safe return.

Semper Mom,
Margot Shinn
PROUD Wife of SgtMaj Charles Shinn - 4th LAAD Bn SgtMaj
PROUD Mom of Cpl Sarah Lane - HMH 769
PROUD Mom-in-Law of Sgt Owen Lane - HMM 764 (DEPLOYED OIF II)
PROUD Mom-in-Law of LCpl "Drew" Andrews - 1st MAR Reg (DEPLOYED OIF II)
PROUD Aunt of LCpl Tim Collins - 1/1 "C" Co (DEPLOYED OIF II)