PDA

View Full Version : A letter to the editor of my hometown newspaper

MillRatUSMC
05-26-04, 09:54 PM
Resources for war could be used elsewhere

American troops continue to die.Why? We are involved in this so-called war no one wants or believes in.
We have spent billions on this action.
Surely this money could be put to better use. For instance, feed the homeless, unemployed and seniors who need help.
Help with rising health insurance and prescription drug cost.
Where are our leaders? Is re-election their main concern?
Why are our troops dying for a country that does want us there in the first place.
Bring our troops home to their love ones. Maybe some of the troops who have been killed could have been doctors or teachers or scientists, or somebody's daddy or mommy.
Their lives were cut short fighting a stupid and unnecessary action.
This is not a war, it was not declared by Congress.
It's simply one man's war, because of one man's pride.
Enough is enough.

Donna Roman and James Denk
Calumet City, IL

Such simple and idiotic people, bet they would be singing a different tune if 9/11 had taken place in Calumet City, IL.
My hometown of Hammond, IN sits right next to Calumet City, IL
We share a common Stateline.
With the alerts just passed by Home Security, no place is safe.
So these idiots best rethink what they wrote...I had to copy it from my newspaper...I did it because it got me so upset...

tacoman
05-27-04, 12:43 AM
im currently in fallujah iraq and i damn well know what im fighting for and she doesnt have a clue with what the hell is going on over here

yellowwing
05-27-04, 03:06 AM
Donna Roman is clueless. Here is another letter of her's complaining to the Editor about her TV cable service (http://www.nwitimes.com/articles/2004/04/25/opinion/letters_to_the_editor/bf85230e8eb5a82b86256e7f0080f199.txt).

You get some tacoman! Keep safe. :marine:

mrbsox
05-27-04, 05:16 AM
Copied from link;

Letter to the Editor
Donna Roman
Calumet City

The cable issue is not listed as one of the topics for your opinion page, and boy, do I have an opinion. We live in Calumet City, close to the forest preserve. We have had no luck with satellite service because of the number of trees in our area. We do need cable, however, in order to get a decent reception. Here's where good old Comcast comes in. We have been paying for its "expanded" basic -- which includes three movie channels Cinemax, Showtime, and HBO.

Recently, when I turned on the TV, none of the cable channels were where they were in the past. They have all been switched around. The movie channels (for which we still pay) no longer exist. There is no longer an on-screen guide, and the guide in your paper is no longer any use.

We were not given any news of this prior, during or after the change. We are not even able to get through to Comcast by phone. How can they get away with this shoddy service?

Donna Roman

Calumet City

Dear Calumet City,

Truley your right hand, and maybe the entire right side of your body, must be as paralized as your brain. You are SO FAR LEFT you think the NEWS MEDIA can, or should, take care of YOUR cable problem.

GET A:

GRIP
CLUE
LIFE

cjwright90
05-27-04, 10:02 AM
She just likes to bit(h.

DSchmitke
05-27-04, 10:26 AM
Maybe she isone of those liberals. Like Rush.

USMCWifeNMom
05-27-04, 10:39 AM
Clueless, mindless wonder.

"Thank You" to all of our men and women in uniform who afford even the far left their "right" to free speech.

By the way ... anybody care to tell Ms. Roman that freedom isn't free?

God Bless America ... home of the free because of the brave.