PDA

View Full Version : F.P.O. mail

Osotogary
05-21-04, 10:26 PM
I don't know if this has ever been brought up. If it has .... please, have mercy.
Will the parcel I send, using an F.P.O. number, be diverted to a homeland delivery now that the Marine is on U.S. soil or will it continue onto it's section number? I don't know if the Texas sized Honey Buns will survive all the travel.
:D
Thanks

CPLRapoza
05-22-04, 01:11 AM
I believe it will process trough all the way to it's original destination and then be forwarded to the present address.

Phantom Blooper
05-22-04, 06:14 AM
Ditto,your Honey Buns may not survive....but,the mail will get back to CONUS and delivered to the units.The Cpl's FPO addie should now change to a CLNC addie and he will receive both. Probally the CLNC mail 1st.....? Semper-Fi!! Chuck Hall

Lake0300
05-22-04, 06:37 AM
Pogey Bait :(

Phantom Blooper
05-22-04, 06:50 AM
Pogey Bait is a matter of perspective,when you are in that type of situation....Morale,good source of carbs,and also to share with friends or associates.Also can be used as a good bartering tool. Not recommended for MCRD wait until the FMF.But what one puts in one must also take off. Semper-Fi!! Chuck Hall

Osotogary
05-22-04, 08:06 AM
Lake0300,
It's not just the Honey Buns, it's the psychology of getting someting from "home"......anything. The Phantom B. is very much correct. I never sent edibles to the Marine while he was in MCRD or SOI. Where else can you get Honey buns in Afghanistan except through the mail? I don't know of many convenience stores there...do o you? LOL
Take care of yourself.
Regards.
Gary(osotogary)

cjwright90
05-24-04, 11:43 AM
So Lake does not get cornfused, the <i>Marines</i> are not in MCRD. Dogging Gary, not Lake...:D

Osotogary
05-24-04, 07:05 PM
cjwright90,
Semantics will be the buzz word. Yep, I referred to the Marine while he was in MCRD. I should have referred to the Marine, while he was in MCRD as the Marine who was a Recruit at that time he was in MCRD. I've been dogged! LOL. Good work.