PDA

View Full Version : MOS question

cjc75
05-11-04, 12:23 AM
Hi! This is my first post here, so I'll try to make it a semi intelligent one:

I was wondering if there was a MOS related to the non-destructive/destructive testing field ( Xray, ultrasonics etc.)?

I did a few searches for that, but came up with fairly general categories that it could apply to in relation to civilian inspection work, but...that's in civilian life. I've seen it done/done it on piping,reactors, welds, aircraft, armor plating, solid fuel rockets etc etc.

I'm assuming that there may be such a MOS, but it likely may be one to "qualify" for later on?

Thanks.
cj

yellowwing
05-11-04, 12:40 AM
Engineers? Some of those skills may also be used by EOD Marines. I don't think any major metro police force would turn down a 20yr EOD man. Armor repair techs probably use those skills sets also.

I met a metal roofing artisan that used to work on coolant systems for nuclear reactors. He quit after four years of 'unimaginable responsibility' giving him sleepless nights.

He saved up all that great pay and now he creates some really cool copper domes and spires for churches and museums.

enviro
05-11-04, 07:03 AM
The NDI (Non-Destructive Inspection) field is a secondary MOS in the I-Level Aircraft Maintenance field (hydraulics or airframes). MOS 6062 and 6092 are feeder MOSs to NDI field.

You also have to be a Corporal or above

cjc75
05-11-04, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the information, it gives me some idea in the direction I could head, as I plan on enlisting in July~. It's also the field I do in civilian life. Im certified Level 2, and eligible next year for Level3 in rt/mp/lp/ut(thickness+shear)/vt.

Thanks again,
cj

airframesguru
05-11-04, 11:28 AM
I believe all of the MALS-XX squadruns have the capability. HMX-1 is the only other I know of that is not in the O or I level's.

(former 6154)

MW