PDA

View Full Version : Marine Ready Civilians

corona
04-12-04, 10:52 PM
I CAN SPIN A RIFLE LIKE A MARINE AND DO OTHER RIFLE TRICKS...NAVY ROTC HAS ME READY...HOORAH:marine:

HardJedi
04-13-04, 11:03 AM
Really? Marines stand around and do TRICKS with the Rifles? That's what we were doing all those years ago? Hmmm, and Here I THOUGHT the M-16 was some kinda weapon. Not a baton. My bad I guess ! LOL

Super Dave
04-13-04, 11:27 AM
Tricks? TRICKS?? Sorry never learned any tricks with a rifle. I did learn to use my rifle as a waepon to "Close in and Destroy the Eneny by Fire and Close Combat".
If you want to learn tricks join the Circus......

airframesguru
04-13-04, 12:07 PM
The only trick I learned was how to break it down and reassemble it blindfolded. No spinning stiff though.

JMontilone
04-13-04, 01:54 PM
i dont understand what all the talk about navy rotc is about. ooh rah.

arnoldyG/2/5
04-13-04, 02:23 PM
See how far spinning a rifle gets you in The FMF!!!!!

Sgtj
04-13-04, 02:47 PM
Now, Now>>> there is nothing wrong with spinning a weapon as long as it isnt' loaded that is... I say that simply because I was at 8th and I for some time... Where do you think all that money from congress comes from... They wet there pants/panties when they saw me spin / drill... But guess what , for all you hard nosed devil dogs... incase you didn't know... Marines @ 8th and I.. well at least the ones who didn't go to sick call every other day... we went and still did our training too. So before we all get high and mighty trying to defend what we all did in the Corps. Please... Please know that the everyone in the Corps has their place.

HardJedi
04-13-04, 02:51 PM
Well Sgtj, I don't think that is what everyone is all up about here. What gets to me i that this kid say's" hey, I can do pretty things with a rilfe in drill, I MUST be ready to be a Marine!"

LORD, at least, that's why it irritated ME!

G.L.B.
04-13-04, 03:18 PM
Yeah I think Corona is a tool too!
Simper Fi---Marines

lprkn
04-13-04, 03:18 PM
Is this Corona kid on crack? Maybe he wants a lolly or something.

I'm not sure, but some of those medals look like Boy Scout awards.

lprkn
04-13-04, 03:23 PM
It's not that hard.

naclyknine
04-13-04, 03:42 PM
lprkn

Don't knock the Boy Scouts, unlike NJROTC, they earn thier bling bling

naclyknine
04-13-04, 03:44 PM
and...I can talk my way out of anything.

lprkn
04-13-04, 03:54 PM
Hey, I give all respect to the BSA. They do indeed earn their "bling". Unless they're LDS (Mormon) scouts, no offense to any of you who are LDS (Mormon), but you suck. (Just kidding(not really))

Side note: Yelling surprise doesn't work, though. I think that that's well established.

MillRatUSMC
04-13-04, 03:57 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/photopost/data/528/2169sd_--_riflelow-thumb.jpg

http://www.leatherneck.com/photopost/data/528/2169lowcadence-thumb.jpg

http://www.leatherneck.com/photopost/data/528/2180sdp_15-thumb.jpg

The images above are of Marines in the "Silent Drill Team".
When you see a video of the Marines at 8 & I, at the beginning they show Marines landing on a beach because the Marines at 8th & I know they represent all the Marines in the Marine Corps.

Among the Marines at 8 & I are these Marines;
In back and gold;
"World Famous Body Bearers, The Last to Let You Down"

If something copys what you are doing or have done, they are paying you the highest form of RESPECT.
So we know where Randy Corona is coming from...

"Want to feel safe tonight? Sleep with a Marine"

"A man or woman is measured
by the footprint,
he or she leaves behind"

"They were the best you had, America,
and you turned your back on them".
~ Joe Galloway ~ Speaking about Vietnam Veterans

“Marines have always been physically and mentally tough.
We must keep squarely in our sights,
the fact that toughness can be decisive in combat.”
~ General Charles C. Krulak ~
31st Commandment of the Marine Corps

TO THOSE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES
THAT OTHERS MAY SAY PROUDLY
I AM A MARINE

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

naclyknine
04-13-04, 04:06 PM
Why on Earth would you bust on Mormon Scouts?

You should do a little research on the Mormon Batallion from WWII.

MillRatUSMC
04-13-04, 04:10 PM
I guess I must be some the lucky because I caught the "Evening Parade" twice once in 2000 and then again in 2001.
Seeing the Marines at 8th & I on a video or in a program on TV is nothing like seeing the real thing.
I bet more button were lost at the "Evening Parade" there any place else in the world.
Especially by Marines viewing the "Evening Parade"...

"Want to feel safe tonight? Sleep with a Marine"

"A man or woman is measured
by the footprint,
he or she leaves behind"

"They were the best you had, America,
and you turned your back on them".
~ Joe Galloway ~ Speaking about Vietnam Veterans

“Marines have always been physically and mentally tough.
We must keep squarely in our sights,
the fact that toughness can be decisive in combat.”
~ General Charles C. Krulak ~
31st Commandment of the Marine Corps

TO THOSE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES
THAT OTHERS MAY SAY PROUDLY
I AM A MARINE

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

HardJedi
04-13-04, 04:10 PM
ok MilRat,

and that is all true,

But what does ANY of it have to do with Coroan being able to twilr a rifle and being ready to be a US Marine?

Sgtj
04-13-04, 04:59 PM
See... I didn't want this to get out of hand I was just saying there are some Marines (however a select few) that spin rifles in the Marine Corps. I don't take any action or side on part of Coroan.. TRUST ME,, what he had been "trained" on is nothing like what any of us have gone through. Especially those who have gone many years ago.

I know where your coming from HardJedi... and I have your side on this one. I just wanted to point out a fact. MillRatUSMC... you would have seen me there when you saw those Parades... SemperFI.. and thanks for the support.

"God loves the Marine Corps, thats why he makes it rain when we train."

SgtJ

naclyknine
04-13-04, 05:42 PM
Sgtj

You 8th & I boys caused me to reenlist. Thanks. Really.

Semper Fi.

MillRatUSMC
04-13-04, 05:44 PM
Evening Parade of 2000, when the Marine Corps started their program with the music to "On Wisconsin."
When it was playing, my thoughts were on my dear friend and fellow Marine "Lammie".
He's from the State of Wisconsin, so that why my thoughts were of "Lammie".
I was thinking, "he would be going nuts hearing that music."

What does the Marines at 8th & I have to do what Randy Corona?
Not much really, other than him wanting to enlist in the Marine Corps...he's just most young men of this generation, dresses according to what his peers are wearing down to the lip ring.
Is he any different from the young men of my generation...that wore a leather jacket, white T-Shirt and Engineer boots with a haircut much like Marlon Brando or James Dean.
After they took all that away, we were all the same down to bald haicut.
I went with a crew haircut about 3/4 to 1" in lenght, I thought, they won't cut much more.
Was I surprised!!!
So, I look to give some aid and comfort to this young man.
I have a grandson about his age also a nephew.
My nephew will soon be enlisting in the Marine Corps...following his father, uncle and cousin (my son) into the ranks of the Corps.
Every minute of everyday, I look on my wall of photos and see three Marines...Ernesto, Ricardo and Ralph...and think about all the young men now in harms way...I pray for their safety till they return to their familes...

Semper Fi
Ricardo

MillRatUSMC
04-13-04, 05:46 PM
God I forgot the word Band as in Marine Corps Band...
Sorry...

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo