PDA

View Full Version : Prime Time Investigation

Phantom Blooper
04-05-04, 08:48 PM
On Thursday April 8th 2004 at 2200 (10:00 pm EST) on ABC Primetime Live there is to be a hidden camera investigation into our nations Veterans Administration hospitals. Semper-Fi! Chuck Hall :marine:

CAS3
04-06-04, 03:18 PM
DAMN...can someone tape it for me...
I WILL BE AT THE REDSOX GAME...wooohooo

Phantom Blooper
04-06-04, 03:58 PM
Cas3,Ironically I will be at the VAMC Durham,NC to have some over night tests done. I am taping this program. If you PM me your addie,or email me phantomblooper@earthlink.net I will be more than happy to mail it to you. Semper-Fi!! Chuck Hall

thedrifter
04-06-04, 04:38 PM
Wish you well....Phantom Blooper......

Ellie

CAS3
04-07-04, 12:11 PM
Hey Shaffer...as a matter of fact, they looked great last night.
Not like flying 16 hours to loose...remind you of anyone!

Phantom Blooper, I hope all is well. I will PM.

Phantom Blooper
04-08-04, 06:38 PM
Bump......

CAS3
04-08-04, 08:12 PM
Don't need to tape it. I am home boohoo

OLE SARG
04-08-04, 10:00 PM
I've been watching some of the special on the VA. I'll be honest with all who are reading this, I would like to reach into that TV and choke the **** out of some of the dumbasses they are interviewing. These *******s don't have a clue what goes on in some of these VA facilities, and they are the ones running the system (I use that phrase "running" very loosely). I should add, from the interviews, these big wigs don't really seem to care about our veteran care. No wonder people go "POSTAL" - it makes you feel that way after watching some of the mis-care of our veterans.

IT'S TRUELY SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:(

CAS3
04-09-04, 06:42 AM
Chuck,
I hope the testing went well.
I was switching channels...damn game went into 13 innings.
What I did see of the investigation into the VA medical centers did not surprise me in the least. Although, it appears that the show investigated only the most poorly run VAMC's.
I can tell you all that not every place is run in the same way.

DSchmitke
04-09-04, 08:47 AM
I've had pretty good service at VA medical center here in Battle Creek Mich. I just don't like seeing a nurse all the time. It's like the Doctors aren't there at the medical centers. But out playing golf.

thedrifter
04-09-04, 11:16 AM
Philadelphia's VA...has some great doctors....The problem I saw was that all the nurses did not want to do their jobs....Especially the one area of the hospital....Roger was in..The other area's he was in...no problems..They heard my voice through out the hospital when I stated it was their Hell Hole...Some of the changes were fixed right away....after I went higher.....
I was not only fighting for Roger, I was also fighting for the other Vets.....I saw to much,......

Ellie

leroy8541
04-11-04, 12:36 PM
Personnally, I am done with the V.A. I have tried for six years now to get my skin fixed and Arthritis dealt with. I got my claim denial letter thursday and under reasons and bases portion of the letter was the biggest crock of bull I have ever laid my eyes on. Every one keeps telling me to go back but I am tired of this. I have to take days off from my job which puts my employment in danger, just to be fed crap and treated like a dummy, with no results. Guess I will start using the insurance provided by my company and local Doc's. It will be cheaper anyways. Any one else trying to get anything done at VAMC Memphis Tn.?

CAS3
04-11-04, 08:30 PM
PLEASE TALK TO A VET REP...not the ones that work for the VA but one that works for DAV, VFW, AMVETS, or another reputable organization. Their offices are located in the regional office.

25snakeman02
04-12-04, 02:50 PM
Leroy8541, CAS3 is correct. Here at McGuire (Richmond, VA), there is a John Sullivan (Special Forces medically retired). He works for the MOPHs (Military Order of Purple Hearts). He is a thorn in their side but they have a tremendous amount of repsect for him. He will fight till they (VA) does the right thing.

Do not give up, just invest your time wisely when there. Sullivan has his office down at the Mess Hall.

I know when limited for time, one does not have the time to wander around a VA Hospital, but recon is what it is all about. Joining an American Legion or VFW, they have their faults but they also have connections which could help you!

Good Luck

Semper Fi

Snake

CAS3
04-12-04, 07:01 PM
LOL...My last name is Sullivan..must be in the blood!

BIGFISH
04-18-04, 08:58 PM
leroy8541. What I would do is let your D.A.V. Rep. handle your claim in the mean time in order to get your skin condition and the
Arthritis dealt with in a timely matter , I would call the White House and tell the operator your problem ask to speak to a White House Liaison, tell them your medical problems that you want to be seen at the V.A. for, and the problem you are have getting seen for these. The V.A. will call you within days!

CAS3
04-19-04, 06:57 AM
That's one way to get on the bad side of the VA and DAV. I am also biased against the DAV! Thay have 10's of thousands of claims at the BVA and I only have a few hundred. Why? Because we have our claims granted at the regional level and have no need to appeal all the way to the Board. We put our veterans first and are able to control their claim from beginning to completion.
If you have representative, you work with that rep. You do not call congressman, senators or the White House.
They may give you an answer faster but most likely that answer will be NO.
If I have a client that does go to other sources, I revoke power of attorney and tell him to use that source and see how far he gets. We have a policy in writing that states the veteran MUST work with us and only us.
For the skin condition, make sure you photograph flare ups and go to the VA hospital as often as you can for them to document it.