PDA

View Full Version : How the US Army deals with looters (video)

dep_baumy
03-13-04, 03:48 PM
Heres a clip of the Army dealing with looters.

http://www.kn34.net/videos/DontLoot.wmv

jdfairman
03-13-04, 04:33 PM
Yeah... Thats definitely the way to win hearts and minds. Very professional.

Kalbo
03-13-04, 07:19 PM
Sames ****birds will come back bragging about how they busted some caps with their homeys back in iraq.

Lake0300
03-13-04, 09:35 PM
2ndLt Fairman &amp; Cpl. Kalbo, <br />
This video bothered me quite a bit. My initial reaction was quite similar to yours. However, I had time - and I did some research. <br />
If you pay attention to the first...

yellowwing
03-13-04, 11:56 PM
I remember one story that during the early lawless looting a group went into a bank and started 'unsupervised withdrawals'.

A British patrol was just up the block when the looters came out with several bags of cash. The patrol had no orders or official policy, so they they had no choice but to just to watch.

But then looters saw the the Brits, panicked and started shooting at them. Big mistake! Brits 4 Looters 0! The numbskulls could have just walked away scott free.

Borrowing from TracGunny - "Life is hard, its even harder when you're stupid"

CAS3
03-14-04, 12:04 AM
Eric,
Great job..investigative reporting.
I am proud of you,
Grandma

Kalbo
03-14-04, 06:51 AM
Lake0300,

I went to your link, could you tell me which video it is? Thanks

Kalbo
03-14-04, 08:11 AM
Lake0300, I looked at 5 & 7 and as Collen says "Great job..investigative reporting. " and I really like your source, PBS.org I think they really do present the facts (without all the mainstream news crap).

Unlike you, I reacted more emotionally (but that is what us armchair quaterbacks do) without really thinking who, what and why this was made. Thank you for enlightening me.

I also wasn't there.

Thanks again, drive on, and best wishes, good luck in boot.

Sincerely,

Bill "Kalbo" Long

Lake0300
03-14-04, 09:16 AM
Its no problem. I'm soon to go in the service, 98 days from today I ship for boot camp. I know that preparing for combat is not limited to rifle scores, and field exercises. It includes understanding of an areas history, geography, economy, culture, etc. Watching those videos gave me just that much more understanding of what the situation has been like - how the people view Americans, etc. So you dont need to thank me, it was my pleasure. -Lake