PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving Marines...

FoxtrotOscar
11-26-20, 09:44 AM
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.leatherneck.com%2Fexclusives%2 Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F11%2Fleatherneck-thanksgiving-sm.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

redman1
11-26-20, 11:48 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Brothers
Semper Fi
Buddy

USMC 2571
11-26-20, 11:56 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Marine1955
11-26-20, 12:40 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends ...

Mongoose
11-26-20, 01:33 PM
Have a great Thanksgiving, Brothers...

advanced
11-26-20, 01:59 PM
I hope y'all are well and having a great day. S/F

billcpoulton
11-26-20, 02:19 PM
n Hoa, Thanksgiving dinner was over. I sat on steps of hutch next the mess hall,and opened a can of chicken noodle soup. I was so thankful that I was sitting there. The guys like Mongoose, Advanced, Capt. Kirk, FistFu, DevilDoc25, and many more are my heroes. They were the ones running back into the bushes.Thanksgiving means a lot to me.I will aways think about the GRUNT that died on Thanksgiving near the Liberty Road. Bill

billcpoulton
11-27-20, 01:40 AM
I wrote a long story about the start of Meade River. But I made it too long. From An Hoa to Liberty Bridge, to hill55,Da Nang,Back to Liberty Bridge, Then To An Hoa on thanksgiving day. You got the end of the story. But for those how were there, you will know.Bill

advanced
11-27-20, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the mention Bill, and thanks for remembering. I'm not a hero, just a lucky as helll Marine that thanks to the Gods and the skills of other Marines such as, Mongoose and FistFu and others, my name is not on that damn wall in DC. I for one was surprised that I made it out of that one as I was supposed to be sure to die there next week in December of 68.

As you know, we Marines during our time could/would never shame those Marines that came before us. Just like the NVA we all would/did fight to the death upholding the highest Honors of the Marine Corps. Lucky for those of us here that our numbers were not called.

I for one would like to read what you wrote regarding Meade River as it has a great deal of meaning to many of us here. Nothing like the insight of those of us that served during that time. Perhaps start another thread, Billy or William will make sure that we are all aware of it.

I'm glad you posted Bill, S/F Marine.

Cpl Keller
11-27-20, 09:29 AM
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.