PDA

View Full Version : meps weigh in question

remington4k
11-29-17, 08:28 PM
hi and question to all who can help,

I am shipping out Monday December 4th and have to weigh in meps. I'm 6 foot but sometimes they get 5 11.75
I am big boneded size 16 foot huge hand all that fun stuff my question is I've been jumping between 195lbs and 197
lbs they want me under 197 and most days Im 195. I eat
How I should 5 meals a day very small around 1500 calories give or take I spend and 1.5 hours in gym in the morning cardio and weight training then 1.5 in the after noon all cardio but I can't seem lose any more Im like 10 percent body fat and am left to skin and bones. what should I do to stay under. fast on Sunday and eat stupid light Saturday any suggestions ?

Tennessee Top
11-30-17, 08:49 AM
Your plan sounds right to me (what else can you do?). You obviously can't starve yourself anymore than what you're already doing. Your body needs nourishment, and rest, for what you're about to demand of it. Some recruits do fail their IST the first Friday there due to a lack of sleep/energy. Those recruits are sent to the Physical Conditioning Platoon (PCP) and not picked up for training. We know those recruits just passed an IST or they would not have been allowed to ship. Basically, their bodies could not perform to the required level either due to a lack of sleep/rest or nutrition (or a combination of the three). You do not want to put yourself in this position. Once there, and in training, you'll have no issues with your weight.

Good luck.

remington4k
11-30-17, 09:04 AM
Tennessee Top,
thank you for the info it is much appreciated . My recruiter told me once I get to boot camp I'll be fine the weight will not be an issue and i will be fine . i was just more concerned about meps not being able to ship off and getting sick trying to cut weight then fail the ist.

crazymjb
11-30-17, 07:57 PM
I shipped at 197lbs at 5'10," to my knowledge they still haven't updated the charts. I had to ship with a weight waiver as a recall but they got it last second and it was no big deal. I was in excellent shape then, too -- which helped.

Mike

remington4k
11-30-17, 09:23 PM
crazymjb,

thanks I'm in good shape so they have a waiver if i am over by a little?

crazymjb
11-30-17, 09:32 PM
Ask your recruiter, but at 10% body fat you are well within the standard. Making yourself sick/dehydrated or hurting yourself is stupid, especially when your not fat.

Mike

remington4k
11-30-17, 09:33 PM
he did say something about it I think just doesn't want to deal with it honestly

crazymjb
11-30-17, 09:37 PM
Probably. You can't do anymore than you've done. I know for a fact people ship over the weight with a higher BMI all the time. On Wednesday or Thursday morning when you finally get to be in a shower with a bunch of dudes look around and laugh at yourself for worrying about your concerns abour making weight.

Mike