PDA

View Full Version : Denied Criminal Waiver

caller
03-08-17, 02:18 PM
I've done some digging around, and can't seem to find any useful advice on what to do after being denied a criminal waiver. Most of the &quot;denied waiver&quot; posts seem to be concerned with medical. <br />

crazymjb
03-08-17, 02:29 PM
I would consult a lawyer and see if you can figure out what exactly you were charged with/convicted of and if it can be fixed. It sounds like there may have been some administrative SNAFU somewhere. ...

caller
03-12-17, 12:51 AM
I have a lot of paperwork I retrieved from the courts, one was my juvenile criminal history, another the arrest report. The initial complaint made upon my arrest was distribution of a manufactured...

m14ed
03-12-17, 03:12 AM
Go ahead Sweatpea - <br />
Swear on your mothers grave you only did it once! <br />
Gave half a pill to a friend- <br />
&quot;who happened to JUST give you $5 &quot; <br />
<br />
I was born @ night- <br />
but not last night...... <br />
<br />
Good...

m14ed
03-12-17, 03:20 AM
Go ahead Sweatpea - <br />
Swear on your mothers grave you only did it once! <br />
Gave half a pill to a friend- <br />
&quot;who happened to JUST give you $5 &quot; <br />
<br />
I was born @ night- <br />
but not last night...... <br />
<br />
Good...

Zulu 36
03-12-17, 09:03 AM
Congress Critters almost always defer to the military in waiver matters, so that suggestion is just given as a way of getting you off their back. I have a feeling you're leaving something out that the Marine Corps found in the waiver process.

The waiver process is the appeal.

Choices have consequences and you made a bad choice or two in your history. Being PDQ from the military is one of the consequences. Find a civilian career you can enjoy.

Tennessee Top
03-12-17, 09:52 AM
Life is unfair at times. The Marine Corps is even more so. We are very picky about who we allow to earn our title. Your recruiter has moved on. It's time you take the hint and look for a different vocation. Good luck.

crazymjb
03-12-17, 12:51 PM
I don't think he's exhausted all his options yet, or that he should give up if this is his dream. It sounds like you are being prudent with this I would find a lawyer who will do a consultation with you so you can get a solid verified explanation of exactly what is in your record, or not, and how it pertains to military service. See if you can find a local attorney who is also a JAG in the national guard or reserves, or who has a background as a JAG. A consultation shouldn't set you back more than a couple hundred bucks, and if the guy was a JAG he may even be willing to help you out at a reduced rate. Any protracted legal work will cost you, though. Try to get a legal opinion from a lawyer that explains (legally) what happened to you, and how it applies to the moral requirements to serve in the military.

You can then (hopefully) take this back to your recruiter, OR shop around to another recruiter more willing to work with you.

Mike