PDA

View Full Version : ASVAB Studying

Ac1494
03-07-17, 07:40 PM
My names Aaron and I've started talking to a recruiter for the second time. The first the recruiter was not responsible and helpful at all. Canceled every meeting we would schedule but whatever.

I need to take the ASVAB but I really don't remember much math from school. Haven't done math in 3 years so I'm worried I'm going to fail the ASVAB math portion.

Im planning on doing khan Academy(free online/app education thing). Any advice on which math subjects I should start studying and refreshing my mind on- example:algebra, fractions, etc please and thank you.

crazymjb
03-07-17, 08:55 PM
Khan academy is great. It saved my ass in organic chemistry in college. I'm using it now to freshen up for the SIFT. I used to know calculus... almost 8 years later I'm re-learning complex algebra. Math is definitely a perishable skill.

I would get some ASVAB practice books. Watch the Khan academy, then go through the practice tests. Go back through and analyze where you need to improve, re-watch Khan videos, and go from there. Take advantage of any scrap paper you are allowed for the test, and practice under similar conditions.

Mike

Tennessee Top
03-07-17, 09:56 PM
Your recruiter can give you a practice ASVAB test in their office. This will give you an idea how well you'll score in the math portion, as well as where you need to concentrate on improving.

You can also find ASVAB study guides at your local library for free.

Good luck.