PDA

View Full Version : CP Contract help

imapoole
02-06-17, 02:19 PM
I just found out today that i was given a CP contract over my first choice of CX. I was really hoping to be a combat engineer and use explosives but after doing some research it seems like the CP contract is more like heavy machinery/mechanic not explosives. is there anything I can do to get a combat engineer contract? or something similar? right now my ship date isn't until June.
I'm afraid that if i do this CP contract ill be stuck driving a fork lift for 4 years or stuck being a mechanic

Or can anyone explain what they did as a CP Contract? like what they did on a deployment? do you ever get deployed with infantry?

Tennessee Top
02-06-17, 03:46 PM
You have to understand your recruiter can only offer you what they have available (or what their higher headquarters is pushing). Recruiters don't just come up with whatever they want to. You can always tell your recruiter you want to wait around awhile longer to see if a CX program opens up (you don't have to ship on your ship date if you don't want to and you can stay in your DEP for 365 days).

Never was a combat engineer but was assigned to the 1st Combat Engineer Battalion at Camp Pendleton. I know the 1371's (construction engineers) got attached to infantry units but can't remember about the heavy equipment operators and mechanics - think they did too just can't say for sure.

Good luck.

crazymjb
02-06-17, 09:20 PM
I'd echo the above advice. Do what you need to do to make sure you don't get stuck doing something you hate for 4 years. Most future Marines lack the wherewithal to even seek out the information as you are doing, and will be there to fill those slots.

Mike