PDA

View Full Version : How can I get a replacement reward made for a Marine?

BSUSMC
06-14-16, 11:28 AM
My brother in law graduated boot camp last month. He was the company Iron Man, earning 600 out of 600 points for physical fitness. Because of this he was awarded a plaque, but unfortunately a few days later during travel it was cracked. The company is Eclipse Awards and so far I've sent two emails and left a voicemail (spread a week or so apart each) and I haven't heard anything back. I was hoping there might be a chance someone on here is or knows someone who handles the awards at Parris Island and had a better contact number than the one on the back of the award. I'm not asking for a free replacement, I'm planning on paying for a new one. I know the award means a lot to him and we'd like to surprise him with a new one.

Rocky C
06-14-16, 06:23 PM
Britt the only things I can provide for you are;

Parris Island Information Hotline: 800-826-7503

And a trophy company near you.

American Awards Inc. www.amawardsinc.com

2719 Ingersoll Ave, Des Moines, IA 50312

(515) 282-5025

BSUSMC
06-16-16, 06:37 AM
Thank you Rocky! The company finally got ahold of me yesterday afternoon. Apparently because I sent the original email to them on my husband's ipad it logged me into his email instead of mine without me realizing. How do I delete a thread? I'm saving that trophy company's information for future reference, thanks!

Rocky C
06-16-16, 07:22 AM
Morning. You cannot delete a thread, I have to do it. Send me a PM with your reasons and I need an official request. I think I know what you are talking about. I just read that other thread.

BSUSMC
06-28-16, 02:26 PM
Hey Rocky! It wouldn't let me send you a private message, so I'll just repost on here.

I actually don't want to remove the thread about becoming a Marine. Do I appreciate those unwarranted opinions? No. But they are to be expected; I am looking into doing something that is not considered a social norm after all. My skin is just a little too thick to get butthurt over their opinions. I think the post might be of use for any other mothers considering the USMC as a career choice.

Anyway, my question about deleting a thread was actually aimed at the one about the Iron Man award. The issue has been dealt with and the plaque is on it's way to me now, so I don't think the thread is of any use. It doesn't have to be taken down, it was more an idea to clear out space since it's unneeded.