PDA

View Full Version : Communications?

Devildog1010
01-20-04, 10:20 AM
Any one with any info on what goes on with communications? Like what will i be doing and is the schooling for it hard? Any info would be kool.

Super Dave
01-20-04, 10:41 AM
It depends on what job you do in Comm, Radio Operator, Wireman, etc etc etc.

Echo_Four_Bravo
01-20-04, 01:19 PM
The schooling is not overly difficult, but it isn't something you can allow yourself to fall behind in either. I don't know if the 2800 field is included in "Communications" if it is, then that doesn't count. The repair schools are much more difficult than the operator schools. But, for the most part you can assume you will be trained as a Field Wireman or a Field Radio Operator. There are other schools that follow these for some people, depending on when you are in school, what your ASVAB score is (Espeially the GT section.) and how well you do in the first school. I spent quite a bit of time in 29 Palms going through different MOS schools, and never found any of it to be especially hard. However, the first PT run in the desert was an eye opener, so make sure you're ready. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, if I don't know the answer, one of my boys still on active duty should.

mamartinez
01-20-04, 04:26 PM
Try aircraft Navigation and Communications Technician. Someone has to maintain the communications on aircraft gear for close air support for our brothers pounding the ground. I had the priviledge to maintain the TA-AF Skyhawk while stationed at MCAS Beaufort, SC. A-4 squadrons were later replaced with the FA-18