PDA

View Full Version : RIP Glenn Frey

Kegler300
01-18-16, 05:36 PM
Glenn Frey, the founding member, singer, and guitarist of The Eagles, has died at the age of 67.

According to a statement posted to the band’s website, Frey “fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from Rheumatoid Arthritis, Acute Ulcerative Colitis, and Pneumonia.

USMC 2571
01-18-16, 05:37 PM
Rest In Peace---thanks for posting, Rich.

LitLover84
01-18-16, 06:01 PM
Wow. Sad day, indeed. He had amazing talent. I got to see them live in concert when their History of the Eagles tour came through OKC. An experience I'll never forget.

Kegler300
01-18-16, 06:04 PM
He wrote the majority of their greatest hits. I've got the words to almost all of his songs memorized.

Rocky C
01-18-16, 06:32 PM
OMG !!! Glenn Frey died ?

So, so sad. Bowie and Frey in one week. I'm going to you tube to shed some tears....

RIP Glenn............

Tennessee Top
01-19-16, 02:27 PM
One of my all-time favorite bands. I also went to their concert when they came here to Knoxville. Lots of old hippies there.

LitLover84
01-19-16, 05:24 PM
It was amazing. I was raised listening to their Hell Freezes Over tour album, so I kept having the urge to pinch myself at the concert, thinking "I'm actually here and listening to them live. I'm in the same space as the Eagles." Exciting and surreal in equal measures.

And, yup. Spotted a few old hippies at the concert I was at, too. No lingering smell of weed, though. That happened at an outdoor venue where I saw ZZ Top. ;)

chulaivet1966
01-19-16, 09:12 PM
Holy shvt....

What a terribly sad surprise it was to hear this.

For years we played many of their songs during my live band days.
Wish I had a nickel for every time we played one of their songs.
Admittedly, I'm stunned by his passing.

I watched the 'History Of The Eagles' again on Netflix.
It's pretty candid so if interested I'd recommend checking it out.
The Eagles were a great band with an incredible body of work.

I'll wish the best to all friends and family during this time of grief.

Carry on....