PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

johnson7189
12-10-15, 01:07 PM
My name is Tyler Johnson. I'm a 26 year old utility arborist for Asplundh Tree Expert. I have always had a fire in my bones to join the marines, I just wonder if I have waited to long, of I'm to old. I'm 6' 180lbs in good shape my job requires it. Any advice will be greatly appreciated...

Tennessee Top
12-10-15, 04:13 PM
You need to go sit down with a recruiter and discuss your situation with them. They are trained to deal with cases like yours and can give you the best advice. Good luck.

Rocky C
12-10-15, 06:01 PM
Keep us posted on this thread Tyler, please.

johnson7189
12-11-15, 11:08 PM
Yes sir, will do. I have been doing my research and reading alot of the threads about everyone's experience and the positive it brought their lives. I have set my mind to do what it takes. I want to earn the right to be called a Marine. Talking to my local recruiter Monday.

USMC 2571
12-12-15, 09:34 AM
OK, keep us posted here as to how it goes with the recruiter, please.

chulaivet1966
12-12-15, 11:45 AM
I want to earn the right to be called a Marine. Talking to my local recruiter Monday.

Well....I think you will have a rough road to hoe without sounding discouraging.

Should you prevail and earn the coveted EGA be sure to update this thread so others in your age demographic can see the light and know what they are in for.

Don't disappoint us weed hopper.

Carry on....

Rocky C
12-12-15, 11:50 AM
Exactly Wayne ! All the " Ask A Marine " threads are learning and teaching tool threads which is wonderful for wannabees and Poolee's.

I learned new things too all the time lol....