PDA

View Full Version : What would hinder chances in getting into TS clearance?

reigon
05-12-15, 06:26 PM
Hello, I've been doing lots of researches in terms of MOS. I got interested in Intel however it requires TS Clearance.
I've done some research and I'm not sure if I qualify.

1. Never got in trouble before clean slate.
2. Born in the U.S. however parents were born in China and came to America in their 20s.
3.Various relatives in the U.S. and China.
4.Have visited Relatives before in China (3-4 times around the summer)
5. I was raised there as a kid since parents were struggling and couldn't afford to take care of me till kindergarten.
6. Visited Canada once.

Would this be deny a TS Clearance for me?

Kegler300
05-12-15, 06:55 PM
Intelligence MOS's not only require a top secret clearance, but also Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility. Both are based on the submission of the Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI), and you will have to be screened prior to acceptance into an intel MOS. If both of your parents are U.S. citizens, you should be able to acquire the SCI eligibility, but there might be issues with your relatives in China because you travel to China to visit them.

reigon
05-12-15, 06:59 PM
they are i should be fine there but i read this on a old post awhile ago:

The main point here is not the fact that it was when you were young, or the severity of the fraud. It's a matter of Integrity.

I'm in the 2600 Field Signals Intelligence/Ground Electronic Warfare. They don't like us to give out our full MOS...

I had a buddy from my boot camp platoon in school get caught for putting some gear ties in his picket and forgot to pay for them. His clearance was fully revoked and MOS was changed.

Another Marine just had his clearance revoked because they found out his DAD was born in Greece. Nothing he even did.

These seem like little things, but as someone in an MOS that holds TS clearances, Integrity is a focal point and if there is any doubt, then they will not give you one.

Also if you get the Intel Contract, you could still very well get the 2600 field instead of an 0200 field.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

specifically the Marine losing his clearance because his dad was born in Greece, will that affect me?

Kegler300
05-12-15, 07:13 PM
I can assure you this Marine didn't lose his clearance because his dad was born in Greece. I do this for a living.

USMC 2571
05-12-15, 07:22 PM
Good advice and info, as always....(when I was in, the highest clearance given was Top Secret. I don't know when that changed to include other levels, or if it they were in effect even then.)

reigon
05-12-15, 07:40 PM
oh thanks good to know i guess stories get exaggerated, but if i keep up with my current status clean slate but my parents born in china etc etc would i qualify for ts clearance?

Kegler300
05-12-15, 07:46 PM
Only the DOD Consolidated Adjudication Facility, Navy Division, can make that final determination when they receive the results of your background investigation. Just go through the process.

reigon
05-12-15, 08:38 PM
ah alright thanks for your help!