PDA

View Full Version : Currently waiting on waiver.

Arredondo
05-05-15, 05:41 PM
So long story short went to MEPS, everything checked out fine expect I was temporarily DQ'ed because I have astigmatism. I then had to stay and extra night at the hotel to have an eye consult the very next day. Then went and had my consult eye doc said he didn't see any problems, my eyes can be corrected to 20/20. He then gave me the medical papers to give back to the medical staff at MEPS waited for who I'm guessing is the Medical Chief there and he pretty much cleared me and said he didn't see anything wrong biggest thing they were worried about was checking for any signs of some sort of eye disease forgot the actual name. He said that was my biggest hurdle and there was no signs of that. So basically what I'm asking is how long would it be for this wavier to clear or If I even have a chance at it being cleared? I was pretty disappointed because this whole time weight was my issue and I recently dropped about 80+ pounds just to make weight to enlist. I'd hate to be denied just for mild astigmatism :(:(

Tennessee Top
05-05-15, 06:26 PM
Nobody here can answer your question. Medical waivers are a case-by-case basis and there is no way of knowing how many are ahead of yours. One thing is for sure - it will not be anytime soon.