PDA

View Full Version : questions to ask fake Marines

navyseals22
05-01-15, 03:11 PM
I know there are alot of fake Marines out there and i need help to know what questions to ask when one walks up to me and brags he is a Marine? I helped a fake Marine out once and was angry! any advice to know what to say when a fake walks up and starts saying a fake story of how he served and whatever they say. Thank You much! and fake Marines make me so angry! if you want to be a Marine just go to Paris Island or San Diego and earn the title! Semper Fi

USMC 2571
05-01-15, 03:24 PM
My advice is to ignore them. There's nothing at all to be gained by you probing and asking them questions and getting answers. It's hopeless and endless, and your time would be better spent looking into the other services' recruiting stations like you said you might do.

navyseals22
05-01-15, 03:46 PM
Ok I'll inore them! no use telling them to stop since they won't! I'll check the other branches out and might join but if not i will find something to do. I do not know why people act like they are Marines when they aren't! i will just walk away and will leave them alone.

USMC 2571
05-01-15, 04:28 PM
That's the best way to do it. Good luck.

Phantom Blooper
05-01-15, 04:56 PM
Until you either earn the Marine Corps title or the title of airman..solider..sailor...or coast guardsman....you are not able to say who is fake and who is not by mere conversation....unless you know what too look for.....and you do not.

Agreeing with the above posts.....your time would be better off spent refining and honing yourself to join a branch of service so one day you maybe better qualified to say who is fake and who is not.

I would also say as a word of caution....before you confront anyone on the validity of their service or no service you need to know exactly what you are talking about...because in your physical state you may not be able to have a confrontation without coming out on the loosing end.

You would be best off to leave it alone.....unless you can back it up with knowledge or braun.

m14ed
05-02-15, 04:47 AM
I'm Old,
I'm Cranky,
I like VeryFew people........

Consider the fact that most Marines
don't start off telling you they are....
OR were......

use what they DO as what you want
to believe they are.....and don't let
them hold your wallet or credit cards
?????????
and they may not call you in the morning
in spite of what they tell you going
into the motel.....

Baker1971
05-02-15, 09:05 AM
In other words, keep your pie hole shut unless you want an azz whipping challenging someone on their service.

MunkyVsRobot
05-02-15, 09:10 AM
what you do is you ask them nothing, you havent earned the title of United States Marine, you havent even earned the title recruit yet, heck you havent earned any military title to start asking those types of questions.

LCPL1341
05-02-15, 12:55 PM
OP was trying to figure out how to spot a fake so it would be harder to call OP out when he's going about town. Very sneaky OP, very sneaky.

navyseals22
05-05-15, 11:30 AM
I,ll just inore them and laugh. No use trying to stop them. I'll let Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, Airman handle it. I do not want to get in a fight with these guys and not be able to enlist at all. And i won't give any money when they ask for it. I did and it was a big mistake.

navyseals22
05-05-15, 11:31 AM
who is? you mean me? or fakes that act like Military. I won't get involved when one walks up and brags. I'll just say stop and leave or just walk away

navyseals22
05-05-15, 11:35 AM
thank you for the advice and i won't look for fakes either. I'm not enlisted in the Military yet and do not know what goes on a uniform or not. I'll just tell the fakes to stop and leave. That way i won't get in a fight and not be allowed to enlist in the Military. I'm thinking of going into the Navy. But do not know what to do yet. Should i go open contract or not?

navyseals22
05-05-15, 11:38 AM
Thank You for the advice and i won't try to stop the fakes at all. No use trying to. And i won't give up trying to join another branch of service. I'm thinking Navy. And is it hard to be a Corpsman? because that is what i'm thinking of. I should just talk to a Navy recruiter.

Tennessee Top
05-05-15, 11:41 AM
Open contract means you volunteer to take whatever MOS is given to you - and like it. Most cooks went open contract (because not many people join the USMC to become a cook). So, if you don't mind working in a messhall for your military career then knock yourself out.

navyseals22
05-05-15, 11:53 AM
Thank you for the advice and i'll look at Navy jobs before i walk in. And i won't sign up as open contract either. I do not want a job i will hate and will do 4,5 or 7 years in the Military. I'll look at Navy.com and see what jobs the Navy offers. And i need to get my ASVAB up higher. I have a 9 and when i take the practice test i score a 23. Thank You for the advice and i'll avoid open contract