PDA

View Full Version : Combat correspondent

Futuremarine432
03-26-15, 07:00 PM
I'm a future marine who is looking in to being a combat correspondent. If someone who is experienced in this field can email me so we can talk one on one about this I would like some more knowledge. My email is taylorwsecor61@gmail.com

josephd
03-26-15, 08:13 PM
I wouldn't suggest posting your email in a public forum, leave that to private messages

USMC 2571
03-27-15, 10:46 AM
PM fl1946 for info

USMC 2571
03-27-15, 12:07 PM
If you decide to remove your email address, just PM Foxtrot Oscar and he can do that for you. Any Squad Leader can, but he is one of the most active and effective and diligent.

m14ed
03-29-15, 02:44 PM
folks who wish to email the lad are able to do so using the EMAIL button on the background page....profile page/looksee button....yut yut

Tennessee Top
03-29-15, 10:04 PM
It's his email address. If he wants it out there that's his call.

Marine1011
03-30-15, 11:34 AM
Of course it's his call. What the suggestion was is that SHOULD HE WANT IT REMOVED, he obviously cannot do it himself, hence the suggestion was made that a squad leader remove it.

Big Boz
03-30-15, 06:35 PM
Forty-two-twelve, Basic Military Journalism.
You gotta be sh!tt!ng me, Joker!
You think you're Mickey Spillane?
Do you think you're some kind of f-ing writer?
You're not a writer, you're a killer!

fl1946
04-04-15, 11:42 AM
Hey Boot. Read up on your Marine Corps history. Had it not been for a buncha Marine "correspondents" and a Kodak Brownie shooter by the name of Joseph Rosenthal, (Iwo Jima), you'd be wearing Army bling and maybe a CIB. Read General Krulak's book, "Brute." Had it not been for him and the group, the Chowder Society, the Marine Corps would not be here today. President Truman hated the Corps and Hell bent on vanquishing it in the swamps of PI.

Granted, we Marine Corps correspondents are a small group. But we played a very pivotal role keeping the Corps -- meaning the do-good's you the grunt do, in front of the public. Remember, outta sight, outta mind.

Not a criticism against you, but some back story to make you proud. As sidebar, Marine Corporal Wm. Perkins was first combat photographer in military history to receive the Medal of Honor. Perkins and I were in I Corps, RVN when he was killed October '67.

Carry on, Marine.

josephd
04-04-15, 03:47 PM
Hey Boot. Read up on your Marine Corps history. Had it not been for a buncha Marine "correspondents" and a Kodak Brownie shooter by the name of Joseph Rosenthal, (Iwo Jima), you'd be wearing Army bling and maybe a CIB. Read General Krulak's book, "Brute." Had it not been for him and the group, the Chowder Society, the Marine Corps would not be here today. President Truman hated the Corps and Hell bent on vanquishing it in the swamps of PI.

Granted, we Marine Corps correspondents are a small group. But we played a very pivotal role keeping the Corps -- meaning the do-good's you the grunt do, in front of the public. Remember, outta sight, outta mind.

Not a criticism against you, but some back story to make you proud. As sidebar, Marine Corporal Wm. Perkins was first combat photographer in military history to receive the Medal of Honor. Perkins and I were in I Corps, RVN when he was killed October '67.

Carry on, Marine.

He is not a Marine, doesn't even rate the term "boot" yet

fl1946
04-04-15, 09:20 PM
Hi Joe -- I was referring to Big Boz's post. Don't know where he got the 4212 MOS. Not Marine Corps. Re Junior wanting to get in as correspondent, the bar is pretty high. Not everyone can use a writing stick.

If anyone has brass balls, try and be a combat motion pic cameraman. I'll set the scene: to shoot a decent film sequence you gotta kneel, lay, run, trot, stand up for at LEAST 10 sec to follow the action and get the shot. That's in the middle of a fire fight and engagement with you-don't-know-who's-shooting-at-you. If you are not hit and weren't shaking enough to ruin the picture, you are a combat cameraman.

Semper fi,

josephd
04-05-15, 03:35 PM
Hi Joe -- I was referring to Big Boz's post. Don't know where he got the 4212 MOS. Not Marine Corps. Re Junior wanting to get in as correspondent, the bar is pretty high. Not everyone can use a writing stick.

aaah...very well, disregard....carry out the plan of the day

LCPL1341
04-05-15, 08:55 PM
Big Boz's comment was a quote from Full Metal Jacket.

fl1946
04-06-15, 02:32 PM
LOL. 4212. Just goes to show you, even Lee Ermey makes mistakes. :p

MunkyVsRobot
04-07-15, 06:32 PM
lol im just surprised hes asking legit questions instead of saying hey if i go combat correspondent can i go to BRC or lat move to scout sniper.

A breath of fresh air.

fl1946
04-07-15, 09:18 PM
Yea, some posters here run on high octane whatever asking questions from far, far away. Nano. Nano.