PDA

View Full Version : Shirt stays question

Beastmode1607
03-05-15, 02:53 AM
Hello, I am a POOLEE and also a JROTC cadet and I was wondering about shirt stays so I can look better in my ROTC uniform. A friend of mine who I used to be on the wrestling team with is now a Marine LCpl wears 4 shirt stays so that his Khaki shirt is formed to his torso. I was wondering if there's anybody out there who also does this and also what is better for this, the sock or foot loop stays? Any and all shirt stay tips would be appreciated so that my JROTC uniform is squared away for future inspections and also for the future when I graduate boot camp later this year and become a United States Marine. Thank you.

Tennessee Top
03-05-15, 05:49 AM
I only ever used the type that connects the shirt tail to the socks. Also wear them with my civilian dress shirts when wearing a coat and tie. One should always want to present an immaculate appearance in civilian gear too. Good luck.

Beastmode1607
03-05-15, 09:28 AM
I only ever used the type that connects the shirt tail to the socks. Also wear them with my civilian dress shirts when wearing a coat and tie. One should always want to present an immaculate appearance in civilian gear too. Good luck.

Thank you for your response MSgt.

devilbones2
03-05-15, 10:22 AM
You should be wearing 4 2 in front and 2 in back. The sock ones are the only ones that I have used. Do you have a military press in your shirts? If so they should connect to the 2 outer creases in the back and the 2 in the front. The front ones I connect to the inside of my socks and the back to the outside.

Beastmode1607
03-05-15, 10:39 AM
You should be wearing 4 2 in front and 2 in back. The sock ones are the only ones that I have used. Do you have a military press in your shirts? If so they should connect to the 2 outer creases in the back and the 2 in the front. The front ones I connect to the inside of my socks and the back to the outside.

Yes Sgt. I do have the creases in my shirt. How about stays on the side of the legs also? Will this also help keep it crisp on the side of the torso sir?

devilbones2
03-05-15, 01:06 PM
You just need the 4. Try this to keep it formed to your torso.
http://lifehacker.com/keep-your-dress-shirt-neatly-tucked-in-with-the-militar-1518253732

Beastmode1607
03-05-15, 01:20 PM
You just need the 4. Try this to keep it formed to your torso.
http://lifehacker.com/keep-your-dress-shirt-neatly-tucked-in-with-the-militar-1518253732

Thank you very much Sgt.

josephd
03-05-15, 01:38 PM
just the 4 is good, anything more is overkill IMO. I also use the ones that attach to the sock, not a fan of the foot loop ones....one thing you can do though if you want a more "fitted" look is blouse your shirt in the back along the seam and then safety-pin it in place so it stays like that while wearing it. I have been doing it for years now, jsut be sure to keep the pin out of sight and at or below the waist of your trousers so it isn't noticeable

Beastmode1607
03-05-15, 02:35 PM
just the 4 is good, anything more is overkill IMO. I also use the ones that attach to the sock, not a fan of the foot loop ones....one thing you can do though if you want a more "fitted" look is blouse your shirt in the back along the seam and then safety-pin it in place so it stays like that while wearing it. I have been doing it for years now, jsut be sure to keep the pin out of sight and at or below the waist of your trousers so it isn't noticeable

I have thought about doing this, I will give it a try next inspection. Thank you Sgt.

josephd
03-05-15, 03:58 PM
I have thought about doing this, I will give it a try next inspection. Thank you Sgt.

semper

mexbearlll
03-06-15, 08:37 AM
WOW , a real sensible military question !!!

MunkyVsRobot
03-07-15, 09:44 AM

Once I found out about the footloop ones i was hooked. They dont look as good but they dont pull out leg hairs and you dont have to be a contortionist when trying to go to the bathroom.

Though I do know of some individuals who do a combonation of both, there are also the ones who wear like 6 shirt stays.