PDA

View Full Version : Fleet Marine wanting to try out for Recon again.

claytonbm
02-13-15, 03:42 PM
Hi, I enlisted in the Marine Corps with the contract 0321 HZ RECONNAISSANCE Man. I dropped out in MART platoon. Now that I am in the fleet as a COMM operator I pretty much look back on that every day and I want to go back and try again. I'm in far better shape now than I was at the time. That was a little over a year ago now. I've talked to a friend who made it to BRC but was dropped from the course due to medical issues. He informed me that anyone who drops can try again. My question is how do I go again? Who do I talk to to get the ball rolling on this if it is a possibility. Thank you.

josephd
02-13-15, 04:25 PM
Career Planner at your unit

claytonbm
02-13-15, 04:29 PM
I've already tried talking to my career planner. She is pretty useless. When I did ask her she acted like I had no idea what I was talking about.

MunkyVsRobot
02-13-15, 06:01 PM
What is this? A question about recon? We never get any of those in here. (hopefully youre picking up on the sarcasm) your two choices are Career planner or talk to someone maybe at the front desk at the recon building there isnt anything more we can do for you go talk to your monitor or your S3 give that a shot.

claytonbm
02-13-15, 06:43 PM
Oh yes, I sense the sarcasm is strong with you. Anyways, thanks for the advice and yeah, proud to add this recon post to the thousand other ones ha ha.

Tennessee Top
02-13-15, 10:43 PM
Bn S-3 controls the quotas. They should at least get you going in the right direction. Good luck Devil.

Come back and give us the scoop so we know for future reference.

claytonbm
02-13-15, 10:50 PM
Thank you Tennessee Top. I'm not entirely sure what BN S-3 is. I went to the marine corps directory for BRC/SNIPER training. I got a contact number that is specifically for questions. I'll have to wait till after this 96 is over.

Tennessee Top
02-13-15, 11:09 PM
Battalion S-3 is training. Whomever is in charge of your training. If you're in the fleet, somebody has to be conducting your training (rifle range, gas chamber, swim requal, etc).

josephd
02-13-15, 11:10 PM
Thank you Tennessee Top. I'm not entirely sure what BN S-3 is. I went to the marine corps directory for BRC/SNIPER training. I got a contact number that is specifically for questions. I'll have to wait till after this 96 is over.

you don't what BN S-3 is?....are you a real Marine?.....

BN = Battalion
S-3 = Training/Operations(where your career planner works out of as well as your OpsO, Ops Chief, Training NCO, Training Chief, etc..)

Tennessee Top
02-13-15, 11:20 PM
Strange isn't it? Especially for a Cpl.

claytonbm
02-14-15, 12:21 AM
I'm an 0627 satcom operator. Stationed at Camp Pendleton HQBN COMM CO 1ST MARDIV. I don't have many reasons to talk to S-3 because there are no opportunities for training. Sorry if I don't know everything. But I'm a ****ing Marine.

Marine1011
02-14-15, 07:28 AM
If aliens exist, and they look down to us and check out the Marine Corps, they'll wonder if Recon is the only thing Marines want to do. That's how prevalent these questions are. Munky is right, as usual, isn't there anything else in the Corps that appeals to anyone?

Phantom Blooper
02-14-15, 07:59 AM
Two old ladies lying in bed...One rolled over to the other and said,"I wanna be an Recon Ranger I don't want to be Grunt no more....Live a life of danger...Blood, guts, and danger....That's the life of a USMC Recon Ranger!....That's all the Marine Corps offers...."I wanna be an recon ranger...I wanna live the life of danger....Gimme' some...Recon...Good for you...good for me....I don't want to be a grunt no more....Recon Ranger and a Life of Danger....Is the real way to go...I wanna be a scuba diver...Swimmin' those oceans wider and wider....Scuba Diver,wider and wider...USMC Recon Ranger...that's the only life for me...I don't want to a grunt no more... life of danger...is only recon in the Corps....I want to jump out of C130's....I want to get my jump wings.....I don't want to be a grunt no more.....Recon Ranger....the ONLY Marine Corps job with guts and danger...That will satisfy me! Oooorahhhhhhh!

Marine1011
02-14-15, 08:07 AM
Recon makes the Corps go, or is it the other way around. Imagine a whole Corps of just Recon? No chow halls, no cooks, no trucks, no weapons, no nothing but Recon. The United States Recon Corps.

Old Marine
02-14-15, 05:00 PM
Just imagine old Rodger Recon without any Chow, weapons, clothes, and other things he needs. Just another green Marine.

FoxtrotOscar
02-16-15, 11:41 AM
Recon makes the Corps go, or is it the other way around. Imagine a whole Corps of just Recon? No chow halls, no cooks, no trucks, no weapons, no nothing but Recon. The United States Recon Corps.

Isn't that what the Army is now-a-days.. All Ranger/SF/SecretSquirrel/Sniper/Seal/Recon/Ninja/Ghosts....!!!!

SGT7477
02-17-15, 01:00 PM
Just imagine old Rodger Recon without any Chow, weapons, clothes, and other things he needs. Just another green Marine.

Robot,Semper Fidelis.