PDA

View Full Version : Minimum LSAT for JAG

jetoliver
01-30-15, 03:39 PM
I'm currently a 2L, at a law school ranked 5th in the country for international law. I've performed very well here and have a cumulative GPA 3.6, however my last score is 1 point below the minimum for acceptance into the JAG program (I was what the call a splitter in law school admissions, mid-range LSAT score, but near 4.00 GPA). Is there any way around this requirement or should I look elsewhere if I want to serve? I've always wanted to serve in the Marines as an attorney but I don't know if that's possible now.

josephd
01-30-15, 06:40 PM
2L?.....what is that?.....that's some Army lingo. In the Corps you are a 2nd Lt. not a 2L

josephd
01-30-15, 06:41 PM
Not sure if anyone here though is going to be able to answer that without Google....which I am sure you are capable of being a military officer and law student

jetoliver
01-30-15, 11:00 PM
2L is the term used to mean 2nd year law student. I am still a civilian, but want to join the Corps. as an attorney. I've looked online and other some other message boards wit no success. I'm hoping someone here can help me get all my ducks in a row.

LCPL1341
01-31-15, 09:36 AM
Go talk to an Officer Selection Officer in your area. Go to Officer.Marines.Com, fill out the contact info page, and one should call you within a day or two. Unless there is some JAG officers on here, only an OSO can give you a solid answer.

josephd
01-31-15, 11:32 AM
2L is the term used to mean 2nd year law student. I am still a civilian, but want to join the Corps. as an attorney. I've looked online and other some other message boards wit no success. I'm hoping someone here can help me get all my ducks in a row.

oh ok....I apologize then

And to piggy back on what LCPL1341 already said...Go talk with an OSO in your area and tell him your interested in a Law contract. He will be able to fill you in better on what is involved in that