PDA

View Full Version : It's been 2 years...

Jalen
11-10-14, 08:56 PM
2 years ago I was "temporarily" disqualified from enlisting into the USMC.Since I've been fighting to get in.I was hit with an eye refrac due to my ignorance and the old recruiters negligence and carelessness.I PT everyday and there is nothing I want more but I've been at this for 2 years,am I wasting my time?

USMC 2571
11-10-14, 08:59 PM
Good luck with your efforts. Some of the younger guys will be along to help you, if munkyvsrobot and josephd don't show up, just PM them, two knowledgeable people who help out a lot in this section.

MunkyVsRobot
11-11-14, 08:27 AM
Eye refrac? like Eye refraction?

The refraction test is an eye exam that measures a person's prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses. This test is performed by an ophthalmologist or optometrist. Both of these professionals are often called "eye doctor."

Are they telling you, you dont qualify because you have bad eye sight?

if not you mention nothing about why you were disqualified, you only lay blame on your recruiter for something that you may have done.

Jalen
11-11-14, 11:53 AM
I'm getting told that I'll need a waiver.I've "sent" my waiver package off at least 6 times with no reply.Now I'm being told to re take my ASVAB since my old score is now invalid and that has been postponed twice already.

MunkyVsRobot
11-14-14, 06:43 PM
still havent said what you are being disqualified for.

josephd
11-15-14, 12:03 PM
I have nothing to contribute as I am not going to speculate on medical conditions/waivers

Jalen
11-17-14, 10:07 AM
I was "temporarily disqualified" for an eye refraction.Basically I didn't have glasses at the time I was sent up to MEPS