PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment Age - joining at 28 / 29

tvlach25
11-05-14, 08:51 AM
Hello,

I was curious if I signed the active duty contract at 28, whether I could go to boot camp at 29. I want to do this because I hope to finish college when I am 29.

Thanks.

Baker1971
11-05-14, 08:55 AM
Yes as long as you enter Boot Camp before your 29 birthday.

irpat54
11-05-14, 08:56 AM
contact a local recruiter on this, He/She will have more current information, but the cut off date is 29, so it would depend on when you turn 29 as to whether you would be in the fleet at 29, if it would go into your 30's then i would say no go, but a recruiter would have the most up-to-date info for you..

tvlach25
11-05-14, 09:00 AM
Thank you both very much for your time. I will go ahead and do that after work today.

tvlach25
11-05-14, 04:00 PM
I talked to my local recruiter. He seemed to be under the impression that I may need to join before my 28th birthday. He wasn't sure about this though.

I figured the age requirement to ENLIST was 28 years old. I thought the whole process at MEPS where you do the physical and swear in is considered your enlistment date. If that's the case, then could I go to MEPS when I'm 28 and then enter bootcamp sometime when I'm 29 after being in the DEP for a certain time period?

The same thing for reserves. Can I enlist in the reserves when I'm 29 and then enter when I'm 30?

Anyone have any experience as a recruiter or have any insight into this question? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

MunkyVsRobot
11-05-14, 04:48 PM
29 is the max age to enlist for reserves. 28 is active duty unless it has since changed.

Marines.com

I am older than 29. Can I enlist in the Marine Corps?
http://www.leatherneck.com/marines-theme/images/layout/qa/divider-short.gif
Waivers may be available on a case-by-case basis for those over the eligible enlisted age of 29. Contact your local recruiter to discuss your personal qualifications.

Phantom Blooper
11-05-14, 05:10 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?118738-Greetings Check out post #2 on this thread....that was the most up to date I could find....best bet see a recruiter.