PDA

View Full Version : Music Preference

Seeley
01-02-04, 06:09 PM
What's your favorite type of music? I'm a country boy myself. My dad is from Texas and mom's side of the family is from Montana so its kinda part of me. Wrangler cowboy cut jeans, black felt hat, silver initial belt buckle, lacer ariat boots, white t-shirts and a carhartt jacket.

Barrio_rat
01-02-04, 06:36 PM
I like both kinds of music... Country and Western..

Hahahahahaha....

Also, I'm partial to old jazz - Gotta love Charlie "The Bird" Parker!

I like Tchaikovsky - especially the 1812 Oveture. I also enjoy other classical and even the bag pipes on occation.

I was also in my late teens and early twenty's in the late 80's - I'm a fan of Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal and Thrash.

I do not care for rap, hip hop, dance, most 70's country (as it was a sell out - same as much of it was in the mid 90's), punk and "bubble gum" music.

Oh, and when I say Country - I mean COUNTRY.. I was raised on Hank Sr and Patsy Cline. I also have records of Jimmy Rogers.. If ya know "T for Texas" then you KNOW country.

Well, you asked....

PooleeCross
01-02-04, 06:38 PM
Hey Seeley, know what happens when you play Country Music backwards? You get your trailer back, your pickup back, your dog back, your woman back....

I listen to anything, but I'm not a big fan of country. I like Johnny Cash a lot, but that's almost more folk music than anything else. Early influences were punk rock (back in the day before `Alternative'), Ska, rap (back before `hip-hop homogenization'), hardcore, and the blues (Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, and John Lee Hooker are some favorites there).

Now days I'm as likely to listen to Mozart or Ravi Shankar as I am to Minor Threat or The Roots. I guess the sitar stuff is my girlfriend's influence on me.

Hey, to each their own.

R_Konieczko
01-02-04, 06:53 PM
Hm.. tough call. I'll listen to anything except pop.

I grew up with a hippy of a father, so I listen to all the oldies, too, lol.

PooleeCross
01-02-04, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Barrio_rat
I like both kinds of music... Country and Western..

Haha, Elwood Blues to the woman behind the bar: ``Excuse me, ma'am, but what kind of music do you usually have here at Bob's Country Bunker?''

Woman: ``Oh, we have both kinds; Country *and* Western!''

The greatest movie ever made.

YankeeDoodleAsh
01-02-04, 08:49 PM
I hate techno,rap, RnB, and hip-hop.
:thumbdown
I love concert music [Holst, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Aaron Copland, Frank Ticheli].
Stuff from the 80s is cool [The Police, The Clash. English bands really rocked...they still do.
My favorite band's delirious. A band out of England. Sounds like a mixture of U2 and Radio Head. I swear Coldplay copied their style.

Country's good. Toby Keith is brilliant!:banana:

I'm a sax player that really doesn't like jazz. Isn't that weird?! But I do have to agree with Barrio_rat. The bird's awesome! He made jazz, "jazz" if you know what I mean. The white cats would walk into a black club thinking they were really something. They just couldn't hang with the blacks bee bob jazz! :p Everytime I listen to him my mouth just hangs open. From time to time I'll attempt to transcribe his stuff. That's tough.

I really listen to anything and everything besides the rap stuff.

Oldies, rock, pop, hardcore, punk, death metal, classical.

Barrio_rat
01-02-04, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by PooleeCross

Haha, Elwood Blues to the woman behind the bar: ``Excuse me, ma'am, but what kind of music do you usually have here at Bob's Country Bunker?''

Woman: ``Oh, we have both kinds; Country *and* Western!''

The greatest movie ever made.

Negative - The greatest movie ever made is Battle Cry based on the greatest (fiction) book ever written, Battle Cry by Leon Uris. Though, The Blues Brothers should always get an honorable mention in most any movie list.

Poolee08/09
01-02-04, 09:23 PM
my picks are rap, r&b and metal, seems to get the blood flowing more then anything!!!

dep_baumy
01-02-04, 09:29 PM
Backstreet Boys, N'sync, 98degrees, ummmmm, hell even Boy George and Prince, and some Wacko Jacko! No im just messing with you guys BUT id say the best thing to listen to is AC/DC without a doubt. As for country ive had to put up with alot of it since my recruiter says any good Marine likes country so you could imagine what that Government vehicle is blaring down the road. But its good so I dont mind, and by the way, someone please shoot the Dixie B!tches, Amen.

Seeley
01-02-04, 10:14 PM
dep_baumy:
I'd love to get those girls too... As for AC/DC, hell yeah they are awesome. Older rock is pretty good. Metallica's older music, AC/DC, Def Lepard, Black Sabbath, Motley Crew, Van Halen, etc. Boy George and the rest though....not so much. But everyone has their own opinion and thats what makes this country great! We get to express it!

Seeley
01-02-04, 10:24 PM
Barrio_rat:
What do you think of "There's a Tear in My Beer"?

firstsgtmike
01-02-04, 10:32 PM
It always makes me laugh, listening to the radio while driving down the highway.

Oldies but Goodies. "Remember this one folks, from way back when, and here it is, from 1992 ............"
==========================

And for the sax player,

Georgie Auld, Earl Bostic, and Stan Getz, just to name a few.

Earl Bostic for down and dirty roadhouse dancing.

Stan Getz with Dave Brubeck was magnificant.

Take Five, and then some.

Cole11
01-03-04, 12:02 AM
i like all kindsa music, my favorite bands would have to be Green Day, Metillica, The Temptations and Aerosmith

Barrio_rat
01-03-04, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Seeley
Barrio_rat:
What do you think of "There's a Tear in My Beer"?

It's an excellent song, Seeley. But I've always been partial to "My Bucket's Got a Hole in it", "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" and "If You've Got the Money". I like just about every song Hank Sr ever sang. His kid ain't half bad neither.

Also, didn't get into the old jazz bands (now called big bands) such as the one Glen Miller had. I'm also a Benny Goodman fan - I play the clarinet a bit (ever since I saw the Marine Band play and there was a clarinet soloist).

Seeley
01-03-04, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I'm learning to play the acoustic guitar that I got for Christmas in my free time. Its tougher than it looks.

michy
01-03-04, 02:10 PM
i play guitar its really isnt that hard

Seeley
01-03-04, 02:40 PM
Well if nobody you know plays instruments or knows how to read music, its hard. Especially when the only thing you know how to do is PT, work, school, and run a JROTC. That and computers is the limitations of my knowledge thus far.

ashley clark
01-03-04, 03:47 PM
I'm in high school right now,and I can't stand it when all of the people around me listen to Rap.That's about the only thing I can't stand.

Cole11
01-03-04, 04:38 PM
the temptations are a good band, good music is good music regarless who listens to it

Cole11
01-03-04, 05:39 PM
depends on the person you ask, I personally like all kinds

nagrom811
01-04-04, 03:08 PM
I mostly listen to metallica, pantera, tool, led zepelin, pink floyd, plus a lot of progressive rock and whole lot of classical music.

jeffdw
01-04-04, 07:13 PM
Zeppelin!:bannana:

firstsgtmike
01-04-04, 08:32 PM
A.P.

"uh huh. so what IS good music?"

"Good Music" is that which is on the cylinders, 78's, 33's, 45's, cassettes and CDs that you will be retrieving from your collection to share and enjoy with your wife, children, and grandchildren.

To keep it simple.

Good Music is that which you keep on top of the stack.

Good Music is those recordings or disks that you would want to keep if you were only allowed ten.

And when you hold them safely in your hand, you can point and say,"Now THAT's Good Music".

Caesar Augustus
01-04-04, 08:40 PM
I prefer rap r&b and nicklback, evanescence, 3doors down, some other random rock I happen to like.I hate pop and justin timberlake. And best of all Ashanti:)

Caesar Augustus
01-04-04, 08:41 PM
I also like a little jazz. Absolutely hate punk or that really evil sounding rock stuff.

Barrio_rat
01-04-04, 08:44 PM
Only 10? I have over 300 CD's.. too damn many cassets, a few 33 rpm records and about 80 78's... Only 10? Egad!

Now granted - I recently burned a cd for my kid of rock music. Let me tell you, it's kinda tough finding rock music that one would deem appropriate for an 11 year old to listen to. LOL

Phantom Blooper
01-04-04, 09:19 PM
Actual Country and Western Song Titles

The fun in country music is in the words--lines soaked in moonshine
humour so wry and raunchy you won't be sober for days.

I don't mind getting burned if I could just get near the glow.

It took a hell of a man to take my Ann, but it sure didn't take him long.

When I'm alone, I'm in bad company.

I don't know whether to kill myself, or go bowling.

How come my dog don't bark when you come around?

I wouldn't take you to a dog fight even if I thought you could win.

Them that ain't got can't lose.

I may fall again, but I'll never get up this slow.

You're the busiest memory in town.

She feels like a new man tonight.

You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

You're gonna love yourself in the morning, because I'm gonna love you
all night long.

It was always so easy to find an unhappy woman till I started looking
for mine.

Thank God and Greyhound you're gone.

She caught me lying and then she caught a train.

The more I think of you, the less I think of me.

Don't cry down my back, baby, you might rust my spurs.

He made me dance before the music started.

I can't afford to half my half again.

There's no use running if you're on the wrong road.

When your cup of love is full, I'm begging you to pour it all on me.

You must think my bed's a bus stop, the way you come and go.

She stepped on my heart and stomped the sucker flat.

Forever, for us, wasn't nearly as long as we planned.

Just in time to be too late.

I'm afraid to come home early without warning.

The work we done was hard. At night we would sleep 'cause we was tard.

I've been a long time leaving, but I'll be a long time gone.

I'm sick and tired of waking up so sick and tired.

It takes me all night long to do what I used to do all night long.

My wife ran off with my best friend and I miss him.

The only thing I can count on now is my fingers.

Send a dozen roses up to her and pour four for me.

I'm going someplace I hope I find.

I'm too low to get high.

He's walking in my tracks, but he can't fill my shoes.

For better or for worse, but not for long.

I gave a ring and she gave me the finger.

She took everything but the blame.

Just because you got to first base don't mean you're home free.

Walk out backwards so I'll think you're coming in.

The Worst You Ever Gave Me Was the Best I Ever Had

Do You Love As Good As You Look?

Drop Kick Me, Jesus, Through The Goalposts Of Life

Get Your Tongue Outta My Mouth 'Cause I'm Kissing You Goodbye

Her Teeth Were Stained, But Her Heart Was Pure

Here's A Quarter, Call Someone Who Cares

How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?

Been Roped And Thrown By Jesus In The Holy Ghost Corral

I Changed Her Oil, She Changed My Life

I Fell In A Pile Of You And Got Love All Over Me

I Flushed You From The Toilets Of My Heart.

I Keep Forgettin' I Forgot About You

I Wanna Whip Your Cow

I Would Have Wrote You A Letter, But I Couldn't Spell Yuck!

I'd Rather Have A Bottle In Front Of Me Than A Frontal Lobotomy

I'm Just A Bug On The Windshield Of Life

I've Been Flushed From The Bathroom Of Your Heart

I've Got The Hungries For Your Love And I'm Waiting In Your
Welfare Line

If I Can't Be Number One In Your Life, Then Number Two On You

If Love Were Oil, I'd Be A Quart Low

If My Nose Were Full of Nickels, I'd Blow It All On You

If The Phone Don't Ring, Baby, You'll Know It's Me

If You Don't Leave Me Alone, I'll Go And Find Someone Else Who Will

If You Leave Me, Can I Come Too?

Mama Get The Hammer (There's A Fly On Papa's Head)

May The Bird Of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose

My Every Day Silver Is Plastic

My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, And I Don't Love Jesus

My John Deere Was Breaking Your Field, While Your Dear John Was
Breaking My Heart

Oh, I've Got Hair Oil On My Ears And My Glasses Are Slipping Down,
But Baby I Can See Through You

Pardon Me, I've Got Someone To Kill

She Got The Gold Mine And I Got The Shaft

She Made Toothpicks Out Of The Timber Of My Heart

She's Got Freckles On Her, But She's Pretty

They May Put Me In Prison, But They Can't Stop My Face From
Breakin' Out

Velcro Arms, Teflon Heart

You Can't Have Your Kate And Edith Too

You Can't Roller Skate In A Buffalo Herd

You Were Only A Splinter In My Ass As I Slid Down The Bannister Of Life

You're The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly

Get Your Biscuits In The Oven And Your Buns In The Bed

How Can You Believe Me When I Say I Love You When You Know I've
Been A Liar All My Life?

I'm The Only Hell Mama Ever Raised
:banana:

Phantom Blooper
01-04-04, 09:21 PM
REJECTED COUNTRY-WESTERN SONG TITLES

The Trailer Sure Seems Lonely Now That You and
Our Nine Kids Are Gone

You Can Take the Boy Outta the Country, but You Can't Take
the Bullets Outta That Liberal City-Boy Who Just Cut Me Off
in His Saab

Smells Like Team Roping

I Dropped the Bookcase On My Darlin' and Pleaded Shelf Defense

(Her Bar Tab Is a) Leading Economic Indicator

I Thought I Had Tourette's, But I Just Like Talkin' Dirty To You

You're My Kleenex of Love, and I'm Afraid I'm Gonna Blow It

Bacon and Eczema For Two

Achy, Breaky, Hanky, Panky, Am I Drunk or Are You Skanky?

The Ballad of Pretty Mouth Dan

My Urine is A-Burnin', and You'd Better Believe I'm ****ed

Tearstains on My Pillow Are the Only Wet Spots in My Bed

:banana: :banana:

Caesar Augustus
01-04-04, 09:29 PM
Haha Those were hillarious

Barrio_rat
01-04-04, 10:02 PM
I didn't see any of David Allan Coe's bawdy ballads listed... What song list is complete without them? So here's a few and others from DAC -

Cum Stains On The Pillow

Divers Do It Deeper

F.ck Anita Bryant

Granny's Off Her Rocker

Panheads Forever

P.ssy Whipped Again

Caesar Augustus
01-04-04, 10:30 PM
Good ole off color jokes eh Barrio. Funny but off color

firstsgtmike
01-05-04, 12:25 AM
I've got the feeling that those songs will be remembered long after gangsta rap is gone.

Since I was never into country? music there is only one title I can identify with.

It is the bartender's call at closing time. "It's No-tell Motel time, "You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here." Goodnight folks.

One you missed from your list is: "Get your tongue out of my mouth, I'm kissing you goodbye".

But C&W is noted for its lyrics. I can't picture an entertaining evening just listening to the melodies. Can you?

PooleeCross
01-06-04, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Barrio_rat

Negative - The greatest movie ever made is Battle Cry based on the greatest (fiction) book ever written, Battle Cry by Leon Uris. Though, The Blues Brothers should always get an honorable mention in most any movie list.

Haven't seen it yet, Sergeant. I'll have to check it out when I get back from Parris Island.

Btw- speaking of books, has anyone read ``The Corps'' series by W.E.B. Griffin? I've read them all through book IX, but was a bit disappointed he decided to skip from 1943 straight to Korea with book X. :(

reddog4950
01-06-04, 05:26 PM
Music is of everyones personal taste, many of us like different "styles" of music. Neither is bad nor is one better then another. It really stems from where and how you grew, your taste change. I can just say I enjoy music alot.:thumbup:

Caesar Augustus
01-06-04, 05:57 PM
All country music is bad. Down here if ya live in a trailer park and listen to country you must be an inbred:)

dep_baumy
01-06-04, 06:40 PM
Do you mean "Trailer" park, you inbred ;)

YankeeDoodleAsh
01-06-04, 09:28 PM
Btw- speaking of books, has anyone read ``The Corps'' series by W.E.B. Griffin? I've read them all through book IX, but was a bit disappointed he decided to skip from 1943 straight to Korea with book X

I have the whole series. I plan on reading them before I go to PI...got a list of other books to read first. Are they good?

PooleeCross
01-06-04, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by YankeeDoodleAsh

I have the whole series. I plan on reading them before I go to PI...got a list of other books to read first. Are they good?

I thought they were good. I mean, they aren't great works of literature or anything, and sometimes he'll say something in one book and contradict it in a subsequent book, but they're a fun read.

My big problem with the series is that book IX leaves off in mid- to late-1943, and book X (which just hit the presses yesterday, if I'm not mistaken) jumps straight to Korea. There's a lot of important battles and Marine Corps history left in World War II that aren't even mentioned, and at the end of book IX he had developed several subplots that are just left hanging by the jump in time. And what's with all The Famous Grouse scotch? (Once you get into the books, you'll understand that last comment. ;))

Seeley
01-06-04, 11:25 PM
I got a book called "Jarhead" for Christmas. Its supposed to be an autobiography of a Marine in the first Gulf War.

PooleeCross
01-06-04, 11:32 PM
[This is also a repost of something I posted elsewhere about this book.]

I've read Jarhead. It's interesting, but not exactly what one might call a motivating book (at least, not in the Marine Corps sense). Swofford seems to have emerged from the Gulf War pretty angry, and tends to wax elloquent and emotional in a way that makes me a little uncomfortable. Then again, I gather that's part of his point. It's not a book I'd read right before shipping.

lprkn
01-14-04, 10:15 PM
Jarhead is crap. For scintillating and illuminating reviews, go here (http://www.grose.us/books/jarhead.html) and here (http://www.snipercountry.com/BVT_Reviews/Jarhead.asp). Both written by Marines, they express my opinions exactly.

MillRatUSMC
01-14-04, 11:02 PM
I might be going against the grain on "Jarhead" by Anthony Swofford.
I read it with an open mind, the cruel lanuage is not necessary.
He does no service to scout/snipers.
At first, I thought it was his life story, but at the end he has this;
This book describes a number of people reacting to the difficulties of life, war and service in the U.S Marines.
I'm grateful to these individuals for sharing their lifes with me.
I've changed certain names and biographical details.
So this is really fiction.
It does no service and debases many men and women that have or currently wearing the Emblem of our beloved Corps
Could he have gone a different route?
We wish he would have...but it might sell as many as this book is doing.
So it's all about money.
He has debase himself by writting this book.
Without knowing.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

PS Would I recommend this book...NO WAY!

lprkn
01-14-04, 11:03 PM
If you want a good book about the Corps that will help you get ready for boot camp, Making the Corps, by Thomas E. Ricks, is a good book. It's simply a real account of a platoon going through boot camp. I found it to be very motivating.

P.S. Maybe you can take Jarhead back and exchange it. :yes:

MillRatUSMC
01-14-04, 11:06 PM
How did we get to book from music preference?

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

MillRatUSMC
01-14-04, 11:07 PM
Make that "Books" when this message started out it was music preference.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

lprkn
01-14-04, 11:33 PM
:idea:

Probably due to the fact that human conversation tends to be tangential in nature, and that message boards are basically pure "verbal" communication. (That was the "smart answer")

Because we like to talk about sh!t we know about, whether or not it's related to the topic at hand! (That's the real answer)

YankeeDoodleAsh
01-15-04, 12:41 AM
I agree. They book actually ticked me off at Swofford. I don't agree with him on a lot of issues.

jeffdw
01-15-04, 08:07 PM
LED ZEPPELIN

Poolee08/09
01-15-04, 08:29 PM
its a good video too by Good to Go Video, The Making of a Marine

Caesar Augustus
01-15-04, 08:40 PM
Cher;)

FullMetalJacket
01-15-04, 09:13 PM
jeffdw, that what Im talking about. Led Zeppelin is the sh*t. Have you ever listened to Moby Dick with John Bonhams drum solo that is over 15 minutes? If not then buy How The West Was Won, cd 2, track 4. Youll love that song.

Lake0300
01-16-04, 06:48 AM
I can get down to Techno, R&B, Rap, Alternative Rock and non-radio music.

Anything that talks about struggle, love, or busting caps is good to go. LoL.

Yankee hit it with Toby Keith. If theres ever a country singer to worship, he IS the almighty. "I love this bar...."

Swiftfoot, Boys Night Out, Thursday, Ja Rule, DJ Skribble, Linkin Park, etc.

-Lake

jeffdw
01-17-04, 11:19 AM
Moby Dick is insane. LED ZEPPELIN is the greatest band ever. I have alomost every album(records and cds).
Linkin Park SUCKS! There a bunch of no talent losers.

FullMetalJacket
01-17-04, 11:53 AM
wow jeffdw that is sweet.

Poolee08/09
01-17-04, 01:29 PM
linkin park is a damn good group!

btrogu
01-17-04, 07:33 PM
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCEE

Bruce Springsteen. Saw him 3 times last year.. Puts on a great show.

Tom Clany's Jack Ryan series is good.

TracGunny
01-17-04, 08:10 PM
...John Phillip Sousa...I'm particularly found of his "Semper Fidelis March"...

...Bagpipes...but only when played by someone who can prove Celtic lineage...jigs and reels...

Caesar Augustus
01-17-04, 10:42 PM
Linken park, evanescence, nickelback, and 3 doors down are my fav rock groups. Can't beat hip hop or jazz though

Cheezballz
01-18-04, 04:04 AM
Spanish Music! Some Rock, some Rap but mostly Spanish!!!!!

Seeley
01-20-04, 11:47 PM
Caeser Augusutus:
3 Doors Down is pretty good. I like "When I'm Gone". That song is awesome.

Seeley
02-01-04, 03:04 PM
John Michael Montgomery - "Letters From Home"

Dear son, it is almost June
I hope this letter catches up to you
And finds you well
Its been dry but they’re calling for rain
And everythings the same ol’ same ol’
Johnsonville
You’re stubborn daddy ain’t said too much
But I’m sure you know he sends his love
And she goes on

In a Letter From Home

I hold it up and show my Buddies
like we ain’t scared and our boots ain’t muddy
and they all laugh
like there’s something funny bout’ the way I talk
When I say "Mama sends her best Y’all"

I fold it up and put it in my shirt
pick up my gun and get back to work
and it keeps me driving me on
waiting on
Letters from Home

My dearest love its almost dawn
I’ve been lying here all night long
wondering where you might be
I saw your Mama and I showed her the ring
Man on the television said something
so I couldn’t sleep
But I’ll be allright
I’m just missing you
this is me kissing you
XX’s and OO’s

In a Letter from Home

and they all laugh
cause she calls me honey and they take it hard
cause I don’t read the good parts

waiting on
Letters from Home

Dear son I know I ain’t written
sitting here tonight alone in the kitchen
it occurs to me
I might not have said but I’ll say it now
Son you make me proud

but no one laughs
cause there ain’t nothing funny when a soldier cries
I just wipe me eyes

waiting on
Letters from Home
---
My mom cried when she heard this song haha. Seriously though, I like it.

usmc4669
02-01-04, 04:27 PM
Madonna and Britney Spears, you can shove,
Give me smoth Jazz or country, that what I love.
Hip Hop and Rap doesn't ring a bell,
sounds like music, stright out of hell.
Bluegrass is folk music to my ears,
Old love songs will bring on tears.
Chubby Checker could shake his ass'
Now there's a man that had real class.
The Cherry Poppin' Daddies, man alive,
Those dancing fools, how they could Jive.
Now you can listen to music that you adore,
Don't bring it to me, you'll be out the door.

USMC4669

usmc4669
02-01-04, 07:24 PM
A must song to listen to. <br />
<br />
19 by Paul Hardcastle <br />
<br />
In 1965 Vietnam seemed like just another foreign war, <br />
but it wasn't. <br />
It was different in many ways, as so were tose that did the fighting. <br />
In...

tacoman
02-01-04, 10:15 PM
i listen to country because majority of the songs tell my life story
and i know im not the only one

dep_baumy
02-01-04, 10:34 PM
Music wise Linkin Park is pretty decent, but as human beings their pretty great, some of you might know this but for those who dont im here to let you know that they give free concerts for people in the military or for people who have family overseas, not many groups do that, god bless them.

jeffdw
02-13-04, 03:18 PM
Linkin park sucks. O.A.R., ZEPPELIN, THE WHO, ROBERT RANDOLPH AND THE FAMILY BAND,

mucho
02-13-04, 04:03 PM
I dont think you can talk about music without mentioning tool or foghat

bier95
02-13-04, 04:16 PM
I lesson to all except RAP, techno, what I like best is is old jazzand blues

cmbell
02-13-04, 04:34 PM
As long as the music sounds good I listen to it. I listen to every thing from George Jones to Rob Zombie. My music preference is pretty much wide open. Don't forget the Marines Hymn.

marinemom
02-13-04, 04:42 PM
OK, you want to rock? The only answer is Aerosmith!

And then you add some MoTown, a little Willie Nelson, a little Waylon Jennings.....and a bit of Zeppelin, too.

cmbell
02-13-04, 04:57 PM
Speaking of Aerosmith they were here in Lubbock Tx last week with Cheap Trick. The tickets for the show sold out the 1st day sold. I didnt get to go cause I had to work